Monday, October 09, 2006

Weekend Events

We were supposed to have gone to Wildwood, New Jersey this weekend (the beach). My aunt has a friend who said we could use their beach house. This was the last weekend for the pier rides and boardwalk shops to be open. But by Friday afternoon after checking the weather repeatedly thru the week we decided against it. It was supposed to be heavy rain, coastal flooding and strong winds for the majority of the time we were there. So "Plan B" was to go to my aunt's in Delaware.

I picked up the kids from school and headed down. My mom met us there as well (my aunt is her sister). We went out to eat at Texas Road house and everything was delicious!!! We came home and played games and the boys got a late night hot tub run. Saturday we just hung out, watched Harry Potter #2 and Nanny McPhee, played more games, went in the hot tub and had a great dinner of chicken bones (KFC). The boys really enjoyed playing the "playstation". I am so glad we don't have one because #1 they are not consumed with it at our house and #2 it's a real treat to get to play it at my aunts.


I know being pregnant I shouldn't be in a hot tub for very long but Ainsley really wanted to go and I thought it might feel pretty good. So I got in for about 15 minutes. I had some real issues though. The swimsuit I had on was a two piece maternity suit (which makes it very nice for using the restroom quite often but not so nice for sitting on top of jets that shoot air upward). Either my suit was floating up for all to see the "great white" belly or I was holding it down and it was filling up with air. First the front would fill up and it was like I had gigantic bosoms hitting my chin. If I pressed the air out of the front the back would blow up like a huge hunchback. (I felt like I looked like "Aunt Fanny" from the animated movie "Robots"). The hot tub still felt good but I made the kids turn the jets to the lowest possible setting much to their dismay.

Hunchback:


Bosoms (mostly hidden by Ainsley):


Chase has some issues when we go to my aunts house. My aunt has 2 pugs. Chase shares Daniel's allergies to animals but not as severe. He can be in the house and be fine but if the hair touches him he has problems (whereas Daniel can't even be in the house without sneezing and running nose etc). So my aunt has a leather office chair that they cover with a sheet and Chase will sit on that while we stay there. He doesn't lay on the floor or couch etc.. They also keep a freshly washed blanket for him to use that is free of dog hair. Here's a picture of him with his blanket on - we know Daniel will LOVE this picture:


We headed home late Saturday night so we could attend our own ward on Sunday. It's been a few weeks since we had stake and general conference and a week at my parents ward. It was a really nice relaxed time that kept us from being too lonely. I have some great pictures of us playing some of the games but that will have to wait for another post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

More fun and games With the kids! Thanks for letting us have a taste. We love you SPH-1

Christine said...

That looks like it was a really nice, relaxing weekend! Sounds like fun was had by all - minus a few hot tub bubbles!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I'm so glad you are surrounded by family and things to keep you distracted. THANK YOU for sharing the hot tub pictures! They are hilarious! I needed them at the end of a long stressful day! Love, AS

B said...

LOL! I was going to post about the Philly/Dallas game but it looks like freckleface watched it too! GO Eagles!

I'm glad you were able to have such a fun relaxing time with your Mom and Aunt! And Amy's right--those hot tub pictures are great! Been there myself, nothing like feeling a little ridiculous sometimes!

Take care, and thanks for all the fun posts!

Man said...

The EAGLES are #1

Emmy said...

Stinkin' Cowboys!