Tuesday, October 24, 2006

French Country

I am really excited. I have a room in my house just about 100% done. I am not a decorator AT ALL. I don't really have a great eye for those things but when we moved into this house I wanted to do our tiny little powder room in French Country. I wanted yellow walls, white trim and cabinet, and blue and white accents. I immediately painted the walls yellow - and wow, small room - bright yellow! The yellow has since grown on me and doesn't look so bright with the lights out. I got a white cabinet and Daniel and my aunt hung it over the toilet. 2 out of 3! All of that we did before our furniture even arrived. I then bought the rug, toilet seat cover and hand towel in a country blue. Now it was time to search for accessories. I did find a ceramic trash can in the blue and white theme and we already had a "blue bottle" (someone gave us this "blue bottle" as a wedding present, we used to joke about it but it really goes well here). Slowly over the last year or so I have been looking for accents and bought a vase here and a litte dog there etc.... I finally found different shaped and patterned plates in the blue and white. So Voila! I think my bathroom is a success. (except the light fixture - one day that will be upgraded).

*Please note this bathroom is very small so it was hard to get good pictures. Daniel, do you like it?

5 comments:

Man said...

Now that's FANTASTIC. You've done a great Job! I can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Man! Looking forward to seeing it and you and the kids when I come in Dec. Loads of love

Ree said...

Nice work, Lady! I'm not much of a decorator myself, so I really admire when someone can design a room with an actual theme that comes through. You did great.

Trick said...

I love it! You did such a great job. You are awesome!

Boss said...

Wow! That looks great! Not a decorator?! Pfffftt!