Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pumpkins Carved!!

Our enlisted help finally made it Friday night. We fed them dinner and in return we got the rest of our pumpkins carved. Thanks Mamaw and Papaw!

Ainsley had a great time scooping out her guts (her pumpkins guts that is). She didn't want any help.

Chase and Papaw also got to scoop some guts. I helped where needed. Papaw did all the detailed work. I did my own pumpkin and helped on eyes and noses where I could. Papaw did all the mouths and scars.






So here's our final result - Can you tell whose is whose?

Ok - here's the answer. Chase's, Ainsley's, Mine is the green one, and MacGregor's is on the right. After the kids' very detailed pumpkins, I wanted to do mine as simple as possible so I went for the alien or ghost look. Here's how they glow. We had to put more than one candle in the big ones to get a good glow.

After we got them all cut and glowing, we took them out on the front porch and lined them up. We also lit Daniel's and the baby's. The baby's is pretty wilted and Daniel's is polkadotted inside from mold, but from the outside they still look ok. I don't know if they will make it Halloween though.

The whole family!


And here is what people will see as they drive by the house:


It was fun but I'm kinda glad to be done with pumpkins for a while. Now I'm trying to figure out what our next family project can be. We all decorated paper pumpkins for Daniel to hang on his wall in his "Chu". We sent them in a package a little over a week ago with a roll of masking tape. He got the package today and said that they are hanging up and brighten his room.

2 comments:

Shana said...

We got pumpkins to make pie with a little while ago, cause they're little and easy to carry. I'm in a bit of a panic realizing that it's time to carve Halloween pumpkins and we haven't even bought ours yet. All of your jack-o-lanterns look fantastic. I especially love the scar effect.

Anonymous said...

Super carving jobs! Thanks to Mamaw and Pawpaw for their help and encouragement. I particularly like the pictures of the pumpkin family on the front porch. I can understand how you could be happy to be through with pumpkins. We love ally'all.