Wednesday, October 25, 2006

An Interesting Find

As I was doing some research as I often do - I came across this article:
Ok - this link doesn't seem to work from here - I don't know why, but if you click the link and go to the search box in the upper right hand side - put in "Docs work hard, Save Lives" and press go. Then click the button that says "all words". You will find the story that way. Sorry this link doesn't seem to go directly to the story.

http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1915&Itemid=110

The article was written back in April of this year but it speaks of the base where Daniel is now. The unit (47th CSH) was the unit that Daniel's group (399th CSH) replaced. Later when Daniel and I were Instant Messaging I shot him the link and he looked it up. He said that was indeed his hospital, infact he had been operating that evening in that very OR shown in the picture. He also said he had met some of the people quoted in the article before they returned to the US. I thought that was very interesting!

Also today Daniel emailed me this great story -

"Some positive things have happened here in Mosul over the past week or so which give us great hope for the future of Iraq. Apparently there was a group of about 100-130 foreign insurgents that were gathered together and planning some type of assault and this was well known by the population and Iraqi police. The police informed the U.S. military and we were able to detain almost all of the insurgents. Some of the insurgents escaped and later in the week drove a car bomb to the police station and attempted to blow it up. The guard did his job and prohibited the car from entering the grounds but unfortunately he lost his life in the process. He saved many others by his actions though. There was obviously some damage to the building and it thrashed their flag. The Iraqis refused to take it down or get a new one because they wanted the Losers who attacked them to know that they survived and would still be around to protect their country and people."

I'm glad to know that postive things are happening there too. Sometimes it seems as if all we get are the bad things on the news.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing the research and passing the link on; I enjoyed the article.
Here is a link to a site I frequently use:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/ for research.
Here are some of my findings.
CHU = Containerized Housing Unit
LHS = Logistics Support Area
CSH = Combat Support Hospital
US = United States
AL2O3 = Aluminum Oxide
NaCl = Sodium Chloride

Love ally’all

Lady said...

Daddy-o, I'm glad you liked the article. I think I will use the website you listed to read our next paystub. Reading something from the military is like reading a foreign language.

Emmy said...

I think that is awesome. I agree, Lady, that it seems like all we hear is the bad stuff, but I believe that some people intend that to be the case. Thank you for supporting my positive belief in Iraq.

Man said...

SLLG=Somebody Loves Lady Greatly

Trick said...

When I read to my husband the latest from Man, he also said, I wish they would share good stuff like that on the news (or I think he said "the Communist News Network" CNN-another acronym for ya'll).

Mark said...

Nice article. Try this link here