Monday, October 16, 2006

Daddy's Pumpkin

We picked out our pumpkins on Saturday but the thought of helping carve all three kids pumpkins at once by myself was a bit intimidating. So I enlisted some family help but they can't come until next Friday. I told the kids we would carve one pumpkin Sunday night. We decided to do Daniel's.


We collaborated on the design. Each person did a drawing of what they wanted to see and then we choose to do MacGregor's eyes, Chase's nose and scar, and I designed the mouth. I thought it was a great blend!

Of course their favorite part of all was putting the candle inside and turning off all the lights. Even this morning - Ainsley was asking to see the picture of the glowing pumpkin and she wanted me to make the "Who-who-who-who-Ha-ha-ha-ha" voice. (that's the sound of the deep scary haunted house voice) I made this scary sound when we turned out the lights and she thinks it's kinda fun.


So Daddy- How'd we do? Did we make you proud? Is this how you would have done it?

Tonight for HomeEvening activity the kids wanted to carve another pumpkin. We decided to do the baby's tiny pumpkin. ( I seem to be able to do it if it's only one per night) Chase made the comment, "Sure doesn't take long to carve a small pumpkin." Here's the result - Do you think the baby would like it?

I hope you all don't get sick of seeing more pumpkins because I have a feeling each of the kids are going to want to show their dad their creations. SO - More pumpkins to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with the carving! What kind of a knife are you using? The baby's pumpkin looked so small I wondered if you'd be able to carve it at all. Nice job! Looking forward to seeing all four of the rest of the pumpkins.

Man said...

You all make me so proud! You did a great job with both of the pumpkins. I like the touch of the laceration and the stitch marks. I don't think that I could have done any better. Thank you for always including me in all your events. Hearing about them makes me smile and brightens my day! Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl! I strongly dislike carving pumpkins. One a day seems like a nice approach. We may just color our with markers this year. Are my kids getting jipped? AS