Thursday, October 12, 2006

Pioneer Woman

I am a pioneer woman! My husband is off on a mission (a dangerous one). I am left here to run the farm. And I am capable!

And it doesn't look half bad!


What you don't see is how covered I am in grass. Our mower is really old and well used and has a tendency to clump the grass especially if it's damp. So my dad tied up the guard which helps a lot with the clumping but all the grass blows out and up in my eyes (hence the safety glasses), mouth and all over my clothes. I end up disrobing in the garage and running to the shower.

9 comments:

Ree said...

Good for you, Lady! You kick grass!

Anonymous said...

"For some must push and some must pull." You make a terrific Pioneer, Brittney! As usual, a wonderful post. Love to ally'all!SPH-1

Taffy said...

Wow! Look at all that grass! It is so beautiful! Will you send some my way? We just have sand around here.

B said...

What a woman! Way to go lady! You amaze and inspire me. Thank you for your strength and example (and all your fun posts!)

Anonymous said...

Hey...can I get some of those goggles at Motherhood! They're awesome! Really though, I am so proud of you! It feels like you can conquer the world after you mow the lawn! What a workout!!! Love you, AS

Peanut said...

You are an amazing pioneer woman! Also, you're cute! :)

Shana said...

You go girl! I used to cut the grass when I was nine months pregnant with Caleb, trying to induce labor. I haven't done so with the twins. I think I'm a pioneer woman just for walking up the hill to school. Plus, you look so cute in those overalls and the lawn looks fabulous! Now go put your feet up and don't do that again!

Christine said...

Way to go...you are amazing! I'm impressed with the things you do. And I love the glasses.

Trick said...

I thought Man said you should NOT be doing the lawn!