Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Captain Hen's Address

I don't have much time to post now but I did finally receive Daniel's address. He was able to call twice in the last week and I will fill you in later. His address is:

CPT Hen
399th CSH (FOB Diamondback)
APO, AE, 09334


I'm sure Lara's family (and Amy Smith's) will be thrilled that his base is called "Diamondback", although I think it has more to do with the snakes in the area than a sports team. I believe the cost of postage to send to these APO address is the same as it would be to send a package domestically. I know he told me he's craving tastykakes (anykind that won't melt). So if you would like to send him a care package, I know he'd be happy. Other things I think he'd like are beef jerky, peanut m&ms, energy bars etc... I will have to find out what else sounds good to him or if there are things he can't readily get there. I know in Kuwait he is on a large base that probably has a well stocked store, but we don't know how large the base will be in Iraq. He should be heading out soon. Oh - I am pretty sure they do not want homemade things sent - only commercially sealed packages (with lots of preservatives I'm guessing).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us informed and for the suggestions for "care packages." Hope you are doing ok! Love to all! SPH-1

Froga-lee said...

I wish I could find some tastycake to send:( I'll have to find something Diamondbackish.

Patrick and Leigh said...

Wait-he's deployed..again??