Saturday, October 14, 2006

Traveling Stalled

We finished out the school week well, it was a busy one though. On Tuesday I hosted playgroup at my house, got Ainsley to school, drove over to MacGregor's class to volunteer for an hour and a half, picked up Ainsley, drove half way to Reading to meet my mom (Ainsley drop off, she spent the night because of my plans on Wednesday), got back to the house before the boys got off the bus and then shuttled Chase to and from Cub Scouts.

On Wednesday I was able to chaperone MacGregor's fieldtrip to the Manheim Farm Show (that's why my mom kept Ainsley). My morning was a bit thrown off becuase I thought I had 30 minutes from the time the boys got on the bus until I had to leave to pick up another parent and meet at the school for the trip. But Chase missed the bus and I had to really rush getting ready so I could get him to school on time and I forgot my maternity belt I use when I am walking for extended periods. I came home pretty sore.

Thursday, I had door duty at Ainsley's school. They keep the doors locked during school hours except for pick up and drop off times (because of all the school violence lately). So I manned the door, locking and unlocking it when the different levels of pre-shool arrived and picked up.

Friday morning MacGregor had "clubs" at 8 am. (They use a lottery system to get into the clubs and Chase didn't get in his choice this time) MacGregor is taking the "mileage club" which means he walks and runs the track with other kids every Friday morning (in October). So I got Mac to school by 8, then back home to get Chase on the bus by 8:30. Ainsley and I spent Friday morning running errands and picking up some things for a package we are getting together for Daniel. The boys had early dismissal (1:30) on Friday. A mother of a friend of Chase's called to see if Chase and MacGregor could come and play after school. So I dropped them off at about 2:40 and she brought them home around 5:30. While they were gone I put on a movie for Ainsley and I layed down for a while (until the phone rang of course). The boys got home and we ate a quick dinner and headed over to the school for PTO Bingo night, or "mingo" as Ainsley says.

We had a nice time and I wish I had brought my camera because Ainsley actually ended up winning a game. She was the only one in our family - there were alot of people there, a whole gym full. She picked out a polly pockets prize. As the evening moved on she became less interested in playing "mingo" so I opened her polly pockets and figured that would keep her entertained. But she wasn't really entertained and she kept complaining she was cold even though she had a sweater and her coat on. So I felt her forehead and she was warm. She ended up crawling up in my lap and falling asleep, which if any of you know Ainlsey that is unheard of. She's just not that kind of kid. So there I am sitting at a cafeteria table with no back on the seat, with a huge pregnant belly and a 3 year old in my lap. Needless to say my back was killing, but not as bad as when I had to stand up and walk from the gym to my car in the parking lot carrying Ainsley. She opened her eyes about half way to the car so I told her, poor thing, that she had to walk the rest of the way.

So to the traveling part - My doctor says I can't leave town past the 26th of this month. I have been trying to plan weekend trips to keep us busy. I had planned to go to Dover, DE where I grew up this weekend. Next weekend Chase has an activity that he is really looking foward to so I hated to plan anything then. I had been a bit reluctant to fully commit that I was going to Dover. I felt really bad for my friend we were supposed to be staying with because our plans were up in the air. It's just that I feel kinda worn out lately but then Friday afternoon I decided that I was going to do it! This is our last real weekend to get away and I knew I would have fun once I finally packed up and got there. So I called her and told her that we were definitely coming. Then I go to Bingo and Ainsley comes home with a fever. She was up 4 times during the night and was burning up at 5am so NO - we are not going to Dover and I had to call my friend again and say we would not be coming. I felt like such a flake. When Ainsley came down at 5 and was burning up the first thing she said to me was "Batman's in my room!" I was in a fog and am a little anxious anyway about being home alone and I thought for a moment - "Did she say batman or BAD MEN?" A few minutes later she was talking other crazy stuff so I think she was having a bad dream or halucinating from fever. Either way I was glad to know it wasn't bad men in our house.

So we are here for the weekend, our travels have stalled. I hope we can stay busy and not trash the house. We may go get our pumpinks and carve them tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I,too, am glad there are no badmen in the house. Sorry about the change of plans and Hope Ainsley feels better really soon. You are such a trooper, Brittney! I am amazed that you have the energy to do all you do. Good luck with the at home or should I say in town restrictions. We love ally'all SPH-1

Taffy said...

Wow, sounds busy. You are a super mom. Also, I'm glad it was Batman, not bad men.

B said...

Ditto the bad men thing! YIKES! That would give me a start too! I hope Ainsley is feeling better. I, too am amazed at all you are able to do, no wonder you're feeling kind of worn out! You are amazing!
Hope your plans for the next little while have beeter luck being realized!