Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pumpkin Patch

Saturday we just kind of lazed around. The boys spent quite a bit of time outside playing football with the neighborhood kids. Ainsley watched movies and played inside. She was still running a low grade fever most of the day and complained of a sore throat but was acting much more like herself.

Around dinner time we headed out to an Amish farm where Chase heard that they have tons of pumpkins for only $1.00 a piece. I thought that was hard to believe but we drove over there (it's only about a mile from our house) and he was right.
Tons of Pumpkins -


I know it's hard to see but all those tiny orange dots behind Ainsley are pumpkins.

Now we didn't have to walk out to the field and pick our own. They had plenty to choose from next to their green house. I figured we'd each pick our own and go home with 4. But the kids insisted we get one for Daddy and the baby. So I dug some more money out of my purse and we went home with 6. Ainsley picked one just perfect for her size (seen here) but the boys picked the biggest honkin pumpkins there. I told them fine - if they carry them.

*You can tell Ainsley's doesn't feel great from these pictures. She's not her normal chipper self.

Here are the pumpkins the kids finally decided on for Daniel and the baby. The one Chase is holding is Daniel's and it's small by comparison to the ones the boys picked for themselves.

After the pumpkin patch I took the kids to get pizza. MacGregor said the pizza place reminded him of Daddy. Daniel had taken him there last year for lunch - just the two of them. He remembered where they sat and what they ate. After pizza, we headed over to our local sports store, "Sports Authority", by Chase's request. He had brought his own money and wanted to buy some more sports cards for his collection album. He settled on Eagles football cards.


After buying football cards, we headed to the grocery store for a few essential items to get thru the weekend, ie. milk and ice cream. We headed home for ice cream cones and showers and then got everyone to bed. I had decided that Ainsley really shouldn't go to church for fear she would pickup something else in her weakend state. So I called a ride for the boys.

Ainsley has seemed to feel much better today and I was told the boys were very well behaved (just what a mother wants to hear!).

3 comments:

Christine said...

That's a good deal on pumpkins. I'd like to see how big the boys' pumpkins were! I hope you have a good time carving them...my favorite part as a kid was the "guts removal". I hope Ainsley starts feeling 100% soon.

B said...

That is a great deal on pumpkins! I have to keep reminding myself that we have two very good size pumkins growing in our backyard and I don't need to buy anymore! I'm glad the kids are having such a great time with the pumpkins! I can hardly wait to see the rest of the carvings! Happy Halloween!

Man said...

Thanks for always thinking of me! I wish I could have been there to help out and to carve if necessary.
Love you guys, Happy Halloween!