Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Games, Games, Games!!

Over the weekend we had a fun time playing games. I got some great pictures and thought I would display them. I also wanted to tell you about the first game we played. I know all the Hens like games and I think most of you would really like this one. My mom found it last year at a game kiosk in the mall ( I think). It's not a game you can go to any department store and find but perhaps at a specialty game store or online. It's called Snorta. I like it because you can play with up to 12 players, it requires memory, and it makes you look absolutely ridiculous. Basically, each player has an animal (a little figurine). Everyone gets to see your animal and you must make the sound of your animal. Then you hide your animal and again make the sound for all to hear. Each player has a stack of cards face down that they turn over one at a time going around the circle of players. The cards have pictures of all the animals on them. If two players turn over the same animal in front of them - then each of the two players has to make the other person's animal sound. The first person to correctly make the other person's sound wins the match. It is so funny because many times you can't remember what is in their barn, or you say the animal sound from the card you turned over or you say your own. Anyway - it's loud, it's crazy, it's full of odd expressions and odd noises. I was thinking how much fun the Harvey and Pooka clan would have at this game. I tried to get some pictures of people acutally making the sounds but it would go to fast and by the time I snapped the pictures the faces were done. All except Ainsley who I did get making her "croak, croak" sound of her frog. Ainsley also didn't like when the noise level got too high. She gave us all the hint with this face:






We also played Uno Attack. That game is always fun and it's fun to play with little ones for the first time. Ainsley did a great job actually playing the cards. She could match the colors and numbers and didn't need too much help. But the best part was when she had to hit the buttons!
SURPRISE!!


On a side note - I heard from Daniel today. He has safely made it to his base in Mosul, Iraq. He arrived around midnight on Monday. I will give him a few days to post about his journey and new base. It's always better to hear it directly from him but in the event he doesn't get time in the next few days - I will pass on what he told me today.

6 comments:

Christine said...

That sounds like a really fun game. It's hard to go wrong with any game that involves animal sounds!

Taffy said...

I agree. Animal sounds are a lot of fun. Also the pisture of the cards hitting Ainsley in the face is great!

Man said...

Great pics Brit! The one with the cards in the air is Awesome! You're becoming quite the Photographer! Love you lots and lots

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for keeping us in touch! Glad to know that Man is safely at his post. Our prayer in your behalf do and will continue. We love ally'all SPH-1

Anonymous said...

Okey dokey...I'm going to look for that game today! We've been hooked on a game called Blokus. You can find it with the educational toys at Target. Strategy game for 4 players. My kids LOVE it. Looks like you guys had a blast! Wish I was there! More than that, I wish I could hear you all imitate all those animals! AS

Ree said...

We love Blokus too. But that Snorta game sounds like a riot!