Monday, October 06, 2008

Sleeping Surprise


We made Daniel a Halloween pillowcase and tucked it into his luggage without him knowing.  We also wrote him little love/miss you notes that we tucked inside.  Last tour he found out that they issue you a sleeping bag but no pillow.  He was given a pillow in Kuwait by a departing soldier but used a scrub top as a case.  We did get him a case about half way through the last tour but this time we set him up in advance.  Now all he has to do is locate a pillow. 

Does anyone remember this post?

9 comments:

Christine said...

What a great idea! Piper is just so cute - I love the hair in the previous post too! You can sure tell those two (in the sleeping bag/pillowcase) are sisters.

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

He's leaving AGAIN?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lady, You are the BEST! Looks and smells Great!
Luv MAN

O family said...

awww, this is so sweet. You really are a great wife. :)

Anonymous said...

cute case... what kind of fabric did you use?

Jim and Reenie said...

Just don't send the baby with the pillowcase although I know he would love it. It feels weird commenting on your blog now that I'm living here. I can just tell you what I think.
Love, Mom

Judi said...

Has Dan already left? I had the 10th in my mind for some reason. Hope all is well there. I'm glad your parents are with you for the month.

emlizalmo said...

You are so awesome Brittney. C'mon...the least they can do for these guys is provide a pillow, right? I guess he could stuff that cute case full of all the clothes in his luggage. :)

Princess Gerty said...

It is so cute to see those sisters both enjoying the "pillowslips." I love it! You are so kind! We are all praying for you!