Saturday, October 25, 2008

BAM


Two weeks ago I took all the kids to our local theatre.  The same one we had taken the boys to see Oklahoma.   They feature family shows 3 or 4 times a year.  They usually just pop in for a weekend.  So on Friday Oct. 10th the kids and I ate an early dinner, ran over to the school where they were having a fall festival, stayed there 25 minutes - enough time to try all the yummy food, then raced downtown to the theatre.

This show was called BAM Percussion - The Blue Barrel Show.  It is a comedy/percussion show.  They guys don't use any real words - only funny noises and facial expressions but yet their points are crystal clear.  Sitting next to Chase and hearing him giggle out loud was the best part for me.  I love percussion.  I love hearing it in a parade or half time show.  The drumming was awesome.!! I was a little nervous to bring Piper but didn't feel like paying another babysitter so we brought her.  She did fantastic.  She LOVED it!!

After the show we saw some friends in the lobby.  One of the daughters took Ainsley to meet the actors and get them to autograph her card.  She walked back over to me shaking her head.  The friends daughter was excited and said - We got an autograph from ALL of them.  Ainsley looked up at me with her eyebrows down and said quite sternly, "Why did he scribble on it?"  He scribbled on my card!"  I had to laugh.  One of the autographs did look an awful lot like scribble.  When you are in Kindergarten you know what it looks like to write a name and that didn't resemble anything she was learning.

You can check out this short U-Tube video to see a little bit of the show.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfxbJMy4qIk&feature=related  I you don't have time to watch the hole 5 mins.  Fast forward to about the 4 min mark.  It was sooo fun!

4 comments:

MAN said...

I can't believe that guy scribbled on your card Ainsley. I t sure sounds like y'all had a great time and were efficiently entertained. Wish I could have been there. Love you! Daddy

Judi said...

I love listening to percussion too. We went to a percussion performance while we lived in Iowa City. It was great and I remember Grace loving it. We really need to start getting out to things like that again - I worry Gabe will disrupt things though. Of course, the good thing about percussion is it is LOUD!

Princess Gerty said...

That is so cool! Thanks so much for the link. I sat and watched the whole thing, and imagined Chase giggling.

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

My twins would be in heaven! How FUN! You are such a cute mom.