Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Farewell

Daniel has been gone about 11 days now.  Here are some photos of the quick drop off we did at the airport.  This time was much different than last.  Last time he left from a very small airport close to home.  We parked the car, walked in with him and waited until he felt the need to go thru security which had no line.  This time he left from a big airport.  We drove up to the curb, unloaded, gave a quick hug and then we were gone.  A lot less tears this way - everything just happened so fast.

Here we are together in the car.  I look so gross.  We left the house very early that morning.
Daniel carried a bag on his front, back and one in each hand.  He looked like a pack mule.  But wouldn't you know it - He sent a full duffel home after his first week.  Apparently they have upgraded all the uniforms with fire retardant material so he didn't need his old uniforms and was issued new ones.
It's so hard to say Goodbye!!!
MacGregor is doing his best to look happy.  He had a pretty emotional morning.
And here's the cute baby.  She had NO IDEA what was going on.  So her mood was one of excitement and happiness which the rest of us really needed.
Giving KISSES.
This is my favorite picture.  Giving HUGS.  She is such a sweetie.
Both of our girls LOVE to be in a hug that Daniel and I are giving each other.  Piper usually comes running if she sees Daniel and I hugging.  She was just as wrapped up in this hug as usual.  I love how her little hand is wrapped around my shoulder.
Ainsley didn't come.  She slept in at the house with my parents.  It was probably easier that way.  The boys wanted to come.  Piper on the other hand was not supposed to come but Dan went in to give her a hug and she woke up.  Then there was no stopping her!  That is why she is in her jammies and her hair is quite undone, but she was no trouble.  In fact I am glad she was there.  She made the pictures much more viewable.

Daniel has had quite a time in getting to where he's supposed to be to finally start working.  I want you all to hear the stories from him and he should finally be in place in the next day or so.  I 'll give him a week to post about it, if he's unwilling or unable I'll do my best to fill everyone in later.

4 comments:

MAN said...

Those pictures are really cute. It's always hard to say goodbye. It sure was a lot easier this time though. I love you guys so much and miss you greatly.
Daddy

O family said...

Oh man, this made me get all teary. I am glad that Piper woke up and was able to go with you to say goodbye. She is so cute that she could lift anyone's spirits.

Judi said...

Thanks for sharing about Dan's departure. It makes me sad though. I didn't realize your parents were selling their house. That must have been hard for them. Did they put all their stuff in storage?

The Gang said...

Wow- a picture REALLY does say a thousand words.