Friday, October 10, 2008

The Power of The Pepper


Two days before Daniel left, his company had an event that they invite all the referring doctors to.  It was in a beautiful location and was a really nice gathering.  One of Daniel's partner's wife is an amazing gardner/floral arranger.  She did all the decorating at the event.  She told us to take home any of the arrangements because she did not need 3 car loads of flowers.  This is the one I especially liked.  These pictures don't do it justice but it was beautiful and I loved the rich color and all the tiny peppers dangling down.

It only lasted 4 days or so because the peppers in the vase began to rot in the water.  My father pulled the chile pepper plants out and dumped the water when we were disposing of the arrangement.  Later in the day he happened to stick his finger in his mouth which immediately began burning his lips and tongue.  Oh the power of "the pepper."

5 comments:

jennis said...

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers--Dan while he's away, and you and the kids while you are having to get along without him! You're an awesome woman, Brittney!

Anonymous said...

The pepper arrangement was so beautiful. I too put my fingers in my mouth after touching them and wondered what was burning my lips and actually my face too. Love, Mom

emlizalmo said...

Oh Brittney...do you remember Brigham feeding a hot pepper from (was it Bam?) the neighbors to your cat? I swear the cat did a backflip off your wall.

emlizalmo said...

The worst was when I was in Puerto Rico visiting Joe and Thelma. He had me try a tiny dot of killer hot sauce on my finger...then I went and took out my contacts...talk about some serious pain!

O family said...

this arrangement is BEAUTIFUL! I bet it was awesome in person. and Amy, pepper in the eye~ ouch!!