Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Party of Significant Events

The night before Daniel left we had a "party".  Ok so it was only us, my parents and M & J.  We had a nice dinner and watched some football.   Everyone was under the impression that this celebration was in honor of Daniel leaving but there were also some other significant events.  My father had whispered to me that it might be a hard day for my mom because they closed on their dream home that day and were officially homeless.  My mom had whispered to me that it may be an emotional day for my father because it was his last day of work for a company he had been with 25 years.

Daniel had gone out to get an ice cream cake for dessert.  This is what he presented us with.
He said the people at the store were like, "What do you want it to say?  Homelessness?"  Anyway it gave everyone a good laugh.  **The bright green spots are gummy frogs that the kids put on there before we cut it.
Daniel made my parents cut it together like at a wedding.  Again - silly and we laughed some more.  Of course Daniel bought himself a going away ice cream cake too but there was no way we could eat it that same night.  In fact it's still in the freezer - anyone want to come for a party?

6 comments:

Jim and Reenie said...

It was a fun surprise and one that only Dan would attempt. It was a big day for all and one that will be remembered even more with the cake.
By the way Brit, I worked there for 26 years and 7 months!
Thanks for the fun
Dad

O family said...

yeah Britt, get it right, 26 years and seven months! haha Your Dad is funny. This is such a cute idea. I bet they laughed. I love the kids' frogs :)

Anonymous said...

I'll come party with Dan't icecream cake! I am sorry to have missed the parties and that was thoughtful of Dan to get the cakes. Yup, big changes for mom and dad, but very exciting.

MAN said...

It was a fun filled evening with great food and even better company.
I love all y'all.

April Kennedy said...

This story made me laugh out loud on more than one occassion! The homelessness was hilarious. Good job, Dan!

We are thinking of your family and always pray for those serving our country and their families {that sounds familiar...did I already tell you that in another comment?} Anyways, it is the truth and whenever Dave prays for it, right now, I think of your family.

Princess Gerty said...

Ha ha ha! You guys really know how to have fun and celebrate--even when it's a little sad. I love it!

I hope your parents are enjoying themselves. I am so excited for them! Actually, I am a little jealous--one of my dreams is to serve people in Africa like they will get to!