Friday, October 31, 2008

My Family

As a soldier in Iraq, I find that each day hinges on when I can communicate with my family. I have to say that I am very fortunate because of modern technology. I can speak with my family on the phone, via computer, iChat, Skype, and via IM. I can only imagine what happened decades ago as servicemembers wrote and waited for mail. There certainly wasn't opportunity as there is today.

My family means so much to me (as does everyone else's) and I just want to express that in a few brief words. You (my family) bring me peace, joy, happines, excitement and promise. You are my accomplisment of which I am most proud. I find it very hard to have to wait another 2+ months to be able to hold you again, but I take courage in the fact that we are already 1/3 done :) I made a collage of our pictures and wanted you to see how awesome it is. I Love you so much!
Daddy/Daniel

4 comments:

Lady said...

I love your collage. We are so lucky this time to be able to see each other "live" every day. Last time we spoke on the phone one a week and only instant messageed each day. Hearing your voice was nice but now you can see the babies cute dance outfit or the kids Halloween makeup. We truly are lucky. It makes you feel much closer.

We miss you terribly. We are truly counting the days until you come home. My count says 77. Thank you for your sweet words. Another reason we love you so much.

Jim and Reenie said...

Hang in there. The time will fly by and you will be back home soon. We are looking forward to utilizing that technology to keep in close touch as well. Absence makes the heart grow fonder as they say, and you will appreciate the fam more and more while there.
We are glad to have been able to stay here for the month prior to our leaving and have enjoyed helping a little where we can and getting to know your children better than we had. You are blessed to have such good kids and such a strong and talented wife.
We are off to the DC temple today for our Stake temple day. Last trip to that temple for a while. Earl Tingey takes over as President today.
Do some good, study hard and leave the place a little better than you found it.
Jim

The Gang said...

Your collage is very impressive. You have such a beautiful family and everyone is so proud of you. Slater and Curren were VERY impressed that Uncle Dan left them a message on their blog! We told them it came from a place very far away and they were very excited! Hang in there and cant wait for your safe return!

Boss said...

What a beautiful collage of a beautiful family. I think they're pretty great too. Thanks for the heartfelt post, Man. And thanks for all the work you do for them, and for the rest of us too.