Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Masquerade



About 10 days ago MacGregor came home from school and saw Ainsley painting. She was painting big wooden letters pink that we have of Piper's name (for her wall). She was almost done the last letter when MacGregor asked if he could finish painting it. I answered "NO" that it was Ainsley's project but that since I know he likes to paint I would look for something at the craft store for him to paint. The next day I went to AC Moore to find paint and cement for Chase's model car that we are trying to work on as a family. While I was there I saw these wooden masquerade masks, but I thought since they were mounted on a stick that we could paint them and put them in our front garden.

So when the boys came home from school, Ainsley, MacGregor, Chase and their friend Vic all painted a mask. They all had a lot of fun and really enjoyed being creative. I felt good too because I am not usually the crafty mom. I'll have to look for more opportunities!


They look really pretty in the garden, especially Chase's pumpkin. He used an orange glitter paint on his and it really catches the sun and sparkles. Ainsley did the bat, MacGregor the witch and Vic the ghost.


7 comments:

Brielle said...

Those look really fun. Good for you for becoming the crafty mom. I bet the kids really enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

They turned out really cute! I wish I could have been there to share in the fun!

O family said...

They look great and I bet the kids had a great time. It is a cool idea to put them in the yard. fun fun with crafts!

Anonymous said...

I have such talented grandchildren and friend.(:

Natalie said...

Hi Lady! Thanks for stopping by our blog - It is a small world, isn't it? The Woods are fantastic people... we enjoyed having them! They are already missed!

What a crafty idea... They look cute in your landscaping (your landscaping is beautiful too, by the way).

Anonymous said...

Your jack-o's are great! I wish we could have made the trip down to help, but it looks like you had it all under control
Good job everyone

Princess Gerty said...

Wow! What neat creations! I love it when the kids are entertained and creating something new, and you get cool decorations to boot!