Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lovin It Loaner

Recently the power locks in our van quit working. Daniel had the van in twice to fix it and each time they'd tell us it was fixed and within 24 hours the locks didn't work again. So on Friday, Daniel called me around 8:30 am to tell me he called the service center and they could get it back in if I would drop it off. This was NOT in my plan for the day because I had to host playgroup at 10am but Daniel said if I didn't get it in early they probably wouldn't be able to get it back to us before the end of the day and it was Friday etc.... So I grabbed the girls and headed to the service place. I left the girls in the car right outside the door to the service place and walked inside to give him the key to the van. I didn't want to have to move carseats more than once and the place is all windows and I parked right next to the door so I just left them inside the car for a minute. Meanwhile the guy gives me the paperwork to sign and hands me a key. He said that bright blue car across the parking lot is my loaner, and he'll call me when it's done. OBVIOUSLY, he didn't know I had TWO children in carseats no less, when he gave me the TWO door sports car as the loaner. Daniel had received a FOUR door car each time he got the loaner - a Ford Contour and a Ford Taurus. But I get the Mitsubishi Eclipse with a spoiler so big you couldn't see anything else out your rear view mirror.


It was nearly impossible to get Piper's carseat back there. I had to move the front seat all the way forward then fold the handles all the way back on the carseat and tilt it at a sharp angle to fit into the back seat. Luckily once I got Ainsley's seat buckled in, she could snap herself the rest of the way. Of course Piper fell asleep on the way home and I couldn't exactly just grab the whole carseat in one clean swoop and carry her inside to finish her nap in the carseat like I would have in the van. No I had to try to maneuver her out of the seat without taking the seat out of the back and transfer her to her crib. Nope - that nap didn't last!



So it was an interesting day driving that tiny car that could accelerate really fast and hug curves so tight you never had to slow down. It was nice pulling out in front of cars, I never would have with the van, and zooming on ahead so they never had to touch their brakes. It was interesting unloading Ainsley at her pre-school drop off where the teachers open the car doors and help the children out.





















It is CERTAINLY not a family car - just look at how the kids are packed in that backseat like sausages - but for a brief moment I thought to myself ..... perhaps when the kids are all grown ...... just maybe. Vrrrroommm Vrrrroommmm!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's mom and I. We have now just been able to sit and read your blogs. The car is quite the hot rod. You could have been an extra on the "fast and the furious" :o)

Oh, no, the comments are working.. don't worry, it's not broken!

Brielle said...

YOU LOOK HOT!! I can only imagine the convience of getting the car seats in and out of the car. I bet the kids had fun with it for the day.

O family said...

heheh, fast cars are nice just not so practical. ;) one day we will all have "cool cars" again.

Anonymous said...

Nice Car...Where's your boyfriend? That's my Lady...wild woman in a fast car. I'm starting to drool.
MAN

Christine said...

Other then squished kids looks like fun! We have a PT cruiser loaner right now while our car is being repaired (I guess it was all the rental place had left.) Kind of gaudy. Wanna trade?