Monday, October 29, 2007

Side Smile


So this poor baby has NOT gotten that other front tooth yet. She still only has her central and lateral incisor on her left side, and yet she finds a way to grind these off center teeth. And when she does it gives me shivers all over. I hate that sound. Here are a few pictures.



Then last Wednesday, we were eating dinner and I happened to get a glimpse insider her mouth and it looked like she had something gray. So I grabbed her cheeks and squeezed to get a good look and her gum where the other central incisor is coming in was all gray - like a rotten tooth. My stomach dropped out and I thought she was cutting a rotten tooth or that her gum was necrotic somehow. I was thinking how did this happen? Daniel was witnessing my somewhat stressful reaction and laughing. I said, this isn't funny - what do you think it is? He said it is called an eruption cyst. He said it is similar to a blood blister, in that it is a collection of blood in the area where a tooth is ready to erupt. I asked if she would be dripping blood as she cut that tooth. He didn't seem to think so. Well now we are almost another week down and she has NOT cut the tooth, but it is no longer gray/purple. She was NOT very cooperative but I tried to get a picture of the gray gum - seen here:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet little Piper. So cute, even with funny teeth and as in the first picture the very straight and fine hair poking out on her little head. Glad the gray gums don't me rotten teeth.

Brielle said...

So cute. I thought in the first picture she had a giant tooth on the bottom but it ended up being food. I am glad too that the gray went away, I have never heard of that. Hopefully soon the tooth will pop through.

Anonymous said...

the lopsided grin only makes her more adorable! I love her teeth. She is such a cute baby, I'm sad that I haven't seen in her in sooo long. I am missing all of this. :o( give her a big hug for me, if she'll sit still long enough.

Emma said...

I don't have any teeth Piper.

Amy said...

ok, here is my comment!! She is the cutest baby ever!!

O family said...

She is so cute! I think that she is completely adorable with the side teeth in. Quinn still only has her bottom two. It is nice to about the gray gum thing.

Patrick and Leigh said...

I love it-was she a jack-o-lantern for halloween? :) Reagan still only has 2 bottom teeth. I love her sweet smile!

Leigh

Anonymous said...

My heart just sunk! Thank heavens for the dentist in the house who can set things straight. Molly has all 4 central incisors and a few molars, but nothing else. Wierd. AS