Sunday, October 07, 2007

IDAHO WAS GREAT

Our Idaho trip was great! Even though we missed our flight on the way out because I set my alarm for PM instead of AM and we left the house an hour late and then on our way home we were delayed 2 and half hours which meant we missed our connection (by 10 minutes) and they wanted to us to stay and spend the night in a strange city with two babies by myself and get up the next day and start the whole airplane travel thing again, in which I replied "Can I go to Dulles? (the VA side of DC) I see this plane is going to Dulles." They got us on a flight to Dulles which landed at midnight and by the time I made my luggage claim and drove 2 1/2 hours home it was 3:30AM. But at least I made it home and slept in my own bed and didn't have to do the whole find a taxi and hotel in a strange city and get up at an absurd hour to start the day on an airplane again with two little ones.




















Yes the trip to Idaho was great even though Piper ended up in the Emergency room our second night there with wheezing (croup) so bad the hollow in her neck looked like a cave every time she inhaled and she wouldn't sleep more than 20 minutes at a time so therefore I didn't sleep more than 20 minutes at a time for the first 48 hours. The steroid they gave her at the hospital was magic and we all slept a 6 hour stretch after that. (Although she never did sleep thru the night the whole time)



Yes the trip to Idaho was great even though they got their first snow on Sept 29th.













Yes the trip to Idaho was great even though Kamden was bossy and Ainsley was defiant and sometimes mean and they fought like cats and dogs when they weren't getting along and having a great time. We had a lot of fun for Kamden's birthday. She took Ainsley to "Build a Bear" and they got to build any animal they wanted. They both choose the triceratops and both picked the fairy costume. Ainsley gave Kamden the "Barbie Island Princess" DVD and Kamden loved it!



Yes the trip to Idaho was great even though I babysat for Brock and Brielle so they could go to breakfast for their 5th Anniversary (Sept 28th) and 10 minutes after they left I went to get Aspen up and her whole room smelled like vomit. Yes she had vomited all over everything in her crib so I got her up and gave her a bath and started her laundry.























Yes the trip to Idaho was great even though the day of our hike it rained. Yes it rained only during the hour and half we were hiking. It didn't rain any other time of the day - only during the hike. (more on the hike in another post)


With all seriousness - I did have a great time. I think these pictures speak that loud and clear. It was great to spend time with my sister and her family. It was great to spend time in another part of the country and appreciate it's beauty. It was great to have my girls get to know their cousins better. You can't control when someone is going to get sick or if the weather is going to be bad and delay your flight. Life happens! I'm glad I could spend time with my sister building memories while life was happening.

4 comments:

Brielle said...

Britt,
I love the post. It did seem like you had a lot of bad while you were here. But I am so thankful you and your girls could come. I loved it all. Even when we were up really late at the ER we were still laughing. I have a lot of great memories of your trip here. Thanks so much for making it happen. Brielle

Anonymous said...

thanks for the cute pictures, I sure wish I was there. The girls looked so cute together.... I hope you are rested.

O family said...

Wow, what a trip!!! I hope that everything is ok with little Piper! I think that it is great that even though all of the annoying and bad stuff happened to you, you still had fun. That is the power of family!!

B said...

How crazy but how fun too! Those are some fun pics of your girls! Thanks for sharing.