Monday, October 15, 2007

I Don't Want Braids On My Teeth

I was braiding Ainsley's hair today. It was only the second or third time I've ever braided it. Her hair has always been short we haven't done much with braids. But yesterday in church I began braiding little braids throughout her hair and it looked cute. So today I put a few tiny braids in her hair for school.

As I'm braiding she says"I don't want braids in my mouth."

I say, "Sure - I won't put them in your mouth." Her hair is so short that we'd never be able to get the braid in her mouth anyway.

Then she says, " I don't want braids on my TEETH!"

I say " What are you talking about? You put braids in your hair, not your teeth."

She says, " Well you had them on your teeth when you were growing up."

I say, " AHHH, no those are called braces and maybe you'll get your daddy's straight teeth and never have to wear them" (I hope so)

Braids? Braces? Doesn't matter to Ainsley - she still doesn't want them on her teeth!

5 comments:

Brielle said...

very cute! I am glad you took the time to write that down. I love when they say the cutest things and it is so easy to forget.

Anonymous said...

she's so funny! I miss her comments. I can't wait till Emma says funny things :o)

Anonymous said...

Ah! the innocents of youth. I love it. They are so sincere. My little Ainsley will probably have to have braids (braces) on her teeth if she is like her mother.):

Anonymous said...

Oops! I meant innocence.

O family said...

hehe, that is cute. And tell her that NO ONE really wants the Braids! hhah, the worst was when I had braids on my teeth and I also had this thing in to expand my palate with a key... talk about torture!