Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Making Progress

Piper is making progress all over the place! She began standing comfortably about a week ago. She would always buckle her knees and sit down if Daniel and I tried to make her stand, but since I got back from Idaho she has been doing it of her own initiative. She stood along the table that holds the TV the other day and took one step back and let go with her hands. The kids all noticed and were thrilled with her progress. Then last Saturday she took her first two steps before she got too off balance and leaned forward. Since then she has repeated the two step many times and today got in just about 4 when she brushed against my leg and lost her balance. I wonder how many steps she would have taken if she hadn't hit my leg.








Her other big progress is that she cut her upper left central incisor on Sunday (or tooth G as Daniel would say). Her top gums have been big as balloons and so red over the past two weeks. I am so glad it finally broke through. We still haven't seen any sign of the left one. I hope the other one doesn't wait so long that they are totally uneven and she looks like "Baby Snagletooth". It's interesting that Ainsley cut her bottom teeth at 10 months and exactly 2 months later at 12 months her top teeth broke through. Piper cut her bottom teeth at 8 1/2 months and exactly 2 months later at 10 1/2 month her top tooth broke through.
Oh and she did gain some weight. Her nine month visit she was 16 - 2 and the doctor thought that was too light. At the ER in Idaho she was 17-2 1/2 . She had been drinking a ton of bottles in 48 hours prior (on the airplane etc...) but not eating much. By the time we got back to PA she was having some diarrhea and I think her gums were really sore and she wasn't eating or drinking much. Her weight check was 2 days after we arrived home and she was 16-10 but the doctor was pleased and said she is now finally following a curve (the 5th percentile) and not dropping to a lower curve like she had been on all the previous visits. Its just that my babies start out so high because of their birth weight and it seems to take them about 9 months to a year to find that low percentile curve that they will be on the rest of their lives. :)

4 comments:

Brielle said...

I am so happy for piper that her tooth FINALLY broke through. It was soooo swollen. I can't believe she has already taken 4 steps. She will be walking in no time. Then she will be even faster getting into things without you knowing. :)

Anonymous said...

Piper is too excited about standing and taking steps!! She reminds me so much of Alissa...they are both small...both full of energy...and both got their first teeth at 8.5 months. My mom told me she heard Piper doing what we affectionately call "the dragon noise"...sort of a breathy growl...I was so happy to hear another dainty girl made such a funny noise!!!
She's a doll Brittany!

Princess Gerty said...

I love the pics and updates, Lady! Thank you so much!

O family said...

it is SO exciting that she is taking 4 steps! She looks so cute and happy. It looks like she is getting a lot of hair too. love it!