Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Curious Cutouts

Some of you know that I keep little spiral notebooks for all the girls in my Miamaid class. I take quotes and scriptures from the lesson and copy them to Word and shrink them down to fit in their notebooks. Then they can follow along with the lessson, help read, have a place to write thoughts, goals, answers etc... And when they move on to Laurels, I'll give them their book. On Sunday I was cutting out the material and had scraps left over from the 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper. I save the left over scraps for Ainsley to color on.

That night after dinner, Chase says, "What is this Oklahoma cut out for?"

I said, "That's just a scrap piece of paper"

Chase - "Well, it looks like Oklahoma"

Me - "Oh my gosh, yes it does!!"

He then gets the other piece and says, "And this one looks like Pennsylvania.!"

Me - "Oh my gosh, yes it does!!" Isn't that wierd? What are the odds?

What do you guys think?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes they do. Leave it to Chase - mister man man since he was 2. (:

Brielle said...

I would have to agree. Especially the okalahoma one. Good job chase!

Anonymous said...

Wow.
Sure there was not an IOWA in the scrap pile somewhere?
Good eyes Chase

Anonymous said...

K. I'm wondering (like your dad) where the Iowa one is. I got your message (weeks ago) and have really been trying to call you back, but with the time difference and our lives as of late and . . . I only have one phone and it has a very short cord and I hate to talk on the phone very long because I can't "police" while I'm on it. So . . . because of all that I haven't called you back. But I am commenting on your blog so you know I haven't forgotten you. I have so much to say and I probably should not say it here because this probably isn't the best place to do it. So . . . I don't have a current email address either. I'll just have to break down and call (or buy a moveable phone and then call!). Thanks for letting me look, emily

Anonymous said...

This is amazing!!! You should be on HEROES. I'm sure the accidental state cutting gift could come in quite handy with saving the world! AS