Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Biscuit

All Ainsley wanted for Christmas was Biscuit.  She started asking for him back in October.  Biscuit was a really big gift and I asked her if she would be happy if Santa ONLY brought Biscuit and no other toys.  She originally told me she wanted Santa to bring other toys too.  But as the weeks went on and she would see things she'd like - I would ask, "Do you want this more than Bicuit?"  The answer was always NO.  She really really wanted Biscuit!
(I love the innocence and literalness of children...on a side note... One day Ainsley came home saying she wanted a gameboy like her friend Courtney had.  I asked her the standard question - saying that Biscuit and a gameboy were both big presents and Santa usually only brings one big present.  She said, "No No Mommy - Gameboys are really little."  AAHH - the innocence of youth!)
Back to Ainsley - She has always loved animals - all kinds - even bugs.  She loves dogs and playing with other peoples dogs.  Whenever asked if she has a pet - she always replies that her Dad and brother are allergic and we can't have pets.  My mom told me that when they were living here for that month that Ainsley would crawl in bed with her in the morning.  Then they would make up stories together each adding a little bit more one at a time.  She told me every one of Ainsley's stories was about a little girl who couldn't have a dog because someone in her family was allergic. (So Sad!!)  Biscuit is certainly a special gift for this little dog lover.  And to tell you the truth - it's the best kind of dog there is.  Very realistic, no need for vets, no food, no walking at night with a baggie.  We are all loving this dog.

She even sleeps with this dog sometimes.  It takes up more room in the bed than she does.  This is how I found her the other night but I bet she couldn't be happier.
Sorry you'll never get the real thing Ainsley but it seems like Biscuit is a pretty good substitute.

7 comments:

Jim and Reenie said...

This is the sweetest post.How sweet children are when they are asleep. You really know then that we are only borrowing them for a short time from our Heavenly Father. She certainly does love that dog. Good choice Santa made.

O family said...

These pictures are so cute! I would have loved a Biscuit when I was little and I HAD a dog!! Wow, how cool it is that Santa got one for her?!?! I bet she was just thrilled! Maybe we will have to have a talk with Santa about getting one for Quinn. Her Daddy is allergic to dogs too :(

Jon and Amanda plus 2 said...

The pictures of her in bed w/ Biscuit are both hilarious and also the cutest thing I've ever seen. Adorable!

(BTW...I had never realized the double gender phenomenon in the family before - ODD!!!)

emlizalmo said...

I LOVE how much she loves that dog! And hey...at least you have allergies as an excuse. :)

Princess Gerty said...

So cute! That is my kind of dog!

jennis said...

She is so cute. And I have to agree on Biscuit being the best kind of dog!

Jim and Reenie said...

a "biscuit" over here in Africa, is what we know in the USA as a cookie. It was quite a surprise to me when first offered biscuits and milk here in SA.
I thought...hmmmm...strange combo!
Anyway, if Ainsley were in Africa, she would have named her dog "Cookie"!