Friday, January 09, 2009

Seven Pounds


Went on a HOT DATE with my hubby tonight, first one since he's been home.  We went to Macaroni Grill for dinner and topped it off with this movie.  Dan really wanted to see this movie.  I hadn't heard of it but I like Will Smith.  I didn't have even an inkling of what it was about.

Also, I think Will Smith is the best actor in the world.  He is so versatile and it doesn't matter what kind of character he plays - he does it spot on.  He is so good in this movie that you can see his feelings, his inner thoughts and turmoil.  He is so believable!  And from what I read and hear he is a super guy in real life too.

Back to the movie - it was really good if you don't mind needing a box of tissues.  This movie makes you FEEL!  You feel the gamut really - all that is happy and good and all that is tragic and sad.  Everyone should see this... and you'll see the goodness of the human spirit.  I love to see goodness in people and the love they have for each other.  I want to be that way and in the midst of my busy schedule - I try.  I know I could be doing more and I wish for the time and energy.  I'll keep doing my best... by small and simple things - great things are brought to pass.  So I'll keep making dinners, babysitting, making phone calls, writing letters, secret santa shopping, and donating to the causes.  I believe in the goodness of people!

5 comments:

MAN said...

You are so awesome thanks for going on such a great date with me.

Anonymous said...

Yup, I'm really wanting to see that movie.. will rent it from redbox when it comes out. .

Miss Crys said...

A date??? Lucky you....you deserve it though--after being apart for that period of time. I am so glad Dan is back and safe at home. You look you are having too much fun lately. ME....VERY BIG--wondering if my girl will be 10 pounds--totally outgrowing her brothers! :)

Princess Gerty said...

I am so glad you guys had such a well-deserved, good date. Lady, you do so much good in the world. I think about you and your thoughtfulness every time we read some of the books you have given our children (and that happens a lot!). We love you so much! Thank you for your goodness.

Princess Gerty said...

PS Check our blog (Christmas post) for big news!