Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow

We finally got our first real snow... the kind that actually covers all the grass and doesn't melt off the sidewalks and driveways right away.  We didn't get much - two inches, three at most.  It was so pretty watching it fall most of the day.  Big fat fluffy flakes.  My kids actually didn't beg to go out side and play in it, which I'm glad because they always make such a big wet mess in my laundry room and kitchen - and I mopped my kitchen floor and did many loads of laundry today.  I know they will want to play out there tomorrow so I'll finish the laundry and make room for them.  And I will try to keep towels down in my kitchen so I don't have black slush footprints all over my clean floor.
I'll enjoy the silence outside tonight too because it feels as if the whole world is muffled.

3 comments:

Judi said...

So pretty! I love how things look after a snowfall.

Usually our snow experiences are shortened by someone getting cold. We usually spend more time getting all the gear on than we do outside. But I know they love it so I play along! Of course, not last week when temps were below zero.

MAN said...

The entire world is beautified right after the snow.

Jim and Reenie said...

At first I thought you put up a picture of our house with the trees that divided us from the neigbors. I remember it was always so beautiful and quite. I loved it. Miss that yard and house! ):
But love my mission. Love, Mom