Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Dad Heard By Audience of Thousands

For those of you who haven't seen it on Facebook or one of my family members sites, I really wanted you all to hear my father sing.  He sung at one of the Sunday night devotionals at the Missionary Training Center while he was there.  There were roughly 2300 people in the audience.  He usually sings for Sacrament meeting (about 150 people).  This was a whole new scale.  He did such a wonderful job though - Here, listen for yourself.


He didn't sign up to sing at the MTC.  He thought it was so lucky to be going to the MTC while his long ago friends were the President and the Mrs. of the place.  Well I guess that worked against him a little because the Mrs. is responsible for musical numbers at the devotionals.  She remembered all the songs she had accompanied him long ago when they were in the same ward.  But just think how many people would have missed that wonderful Spirit if she hadn't of asked.

I did post it on Facebook and was able to have some great conversations with friends from high school about my church, what my parents are doing on their mission and some of my basic beliefs.  Thanks Dad!

Oh And I asked my Dad if he thought the piano player would wait for Ainsley.  I mean she will be 7 and a half when he returns from his mission!!


10 comments:

Judi said...

Wow - that was beautiful and such a good recording too. I love that song. I guess I didn't realize your dad could sing so well. I knew he was musical but not a soloist!

Thanks for sharing it. :)

Jim and Reenie said...

Pretty sneeky of you Brit, but I thank you for the endorsement. We are working on putting together a mens quartet here at the Area office, and I am laying the groundwork for an Institute Choir in the Soweto Stake. That would really rock!
We'll see if it's OK'd
Love ya,
Dad

emlizalmo said...

Cute, cute pianist. :) LOVED this song so much. It makes me happy every time I hear it. I'm gonna go listen again right now. :)

Ree said...

That was really a beautiful musical number. thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

That is one of my favorite hymns. Loved it!

Anonymous said...

Yup, it was even better listening to it there! Don't be jealous :o) I cried the entire time like a blubbering fool. Is Ainsley really going to be 7 1/2 when they get back? Crazy. She's grown up too fast.. I still laugh when I remember picking her "toe boogies"... give her a big hug for me.

Mark said...

I already knew that hymn and love it, but that performance was simply breathtaking -- gorgeous arrangement!

Princess Gerty said...

That was really cool! I had no idea he was such a great singer!

jennis said...

Thanks for posting this, Brittney-- it was beautiful!

And we were so happy to find that Dan had made it home for the holidays and that he was safe and well! It must be so wonderful to have your family back together again!

B said...

I agree with Mark: know and love this hymn...absolutely adore this arrangement. DO you know who arranged it?

Thank you so much for sharing it Lady!