Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Spy

I spy a cute little doll with a green barrette.  
Piper and Ainsley are into making giant piles of stuff lately.  Which is fine - if they would clean up after themselves and put it all away.  I have found a pile of books which included all the new books anyone got for Christmas, plus all our magazines, catalogs and coffee table books.  Another day I found lots of the clean laundry mixed with books, pillows and blankets piled high on the couch.  Last night I found the trundle pulled out from under Ainsley's bed with every spare blanket from the closet piled high.  AAAHHHH!!!  I LOVE that they find things to keep themselves busy (something other than TV).  But I HATE putting it all away.  How do I deal with this?
This day they had collected EVERY stuffed animal in the whole house and made a giant pile of animals and babies.
Also - Piper has been so grouchy and defiant lately other times she can be so sweet and cuddly.  I keep thinking she must be getting teeth or she's starting to get sick.  Whatever it is...she's starting to earn a nick name around here - TWO FACE!!

8 comments:

Miss Crys said...

You handle the piles better than I do. I use to think, okay atleast they are having fun. And now...."If you don't put every item away, I will take the toys away for a week!" Hmmmm....big difference between us huh :)

emlizalmo said...

They look like ET stuffed in between all those animals! :) I hate the pile making also. Very creative, non-tv watching, mess making. I generally end up cleaning it up myself, which seems to take WAY less time then prodding them to do it. :(

Ree said...

What cute sisters!

jennis said...

Your girls look so cute! And that pile does look so daunting! :) good luck with that...

Jim and Reenie said...

They won't be little very long!! Then you'll wish they were home long enough to play together. It's nice they are playing together. I love that little two face girl. And no wonder they are so thin to make so many trips around the house to round up whatever is going to make the pile bigger. Great memories with pictures for them. I love and miss you bunches.
Mamaw/Mom

O family said...

I think that it is kind of cute that they make big piles and play together. I used to do it when I was a kid. Quinn doesn't do it. I think she has OCD because she always takes out all of her things and organizes them according to color, size and the like. No big fun piles yet though :)

Judi said...

We have one project after another here too! I try to just take a deep breath and be glad they are happily playing! I've lightened up a lot since our days in Iowa City though. I remember when Ben and I used to pick up the basement every evening. Now we are lucky to do it once a week!

Your girls are sure cute though! :)

Princess Gerty said...

My kids do similar things--and I am also glad they prefer that to TV. But yes the mess is sometimes annoying--especially when it is "box world" in the kitchen. I just promise a treat when it's all done. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Your girls are the CUTEST, though!