Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Don't Want to Forget

Lately the kids have said some cute things and I don't want to forget.... so I'm writing them down today.

Piper: climbing up in her chair at the kitchen table, picking up the lone paper plate on table "I wuv my plate, I wuv my plate, (as she hugs it to her face) I WUV MY PLATE!!

*******************************************************
Ainsley:  (We were driving home in the car... ) "Mommy, why do people die?"
Me:  Silence... I am now thinking which response to give, do I say old age, or accidents, or illness?
Ainsley:  (noticing the silence - asks again in a new way) "Mommy, why do people die in a  graveyard?"
Me:  "OH - no they don't die IN the graveyards, they are buried in the graveyards after they die."
Ainsley:  "Who puts them in there?"
Me:  "The people who work at the cemetary."
Ainsley:  with excitement "OH - Aunt Emily does!" 
Me:  thinking ... "what?"  
Dan leans over and says "Seminary"
Me:  "Oh"  now I am thinking what is that poor girl imagining? ... that Aunt Emily and 14 teenagers from church are burying dead bodies at 6 o'clock every morning?  The poor girl is going to be warped.  She'll never want to go to Seminary.
  
**************************************************
Dan's cousin Michael spent a weekend with us.  He was playing the game Guess Who.  Piper was on his team and he was trying to teach her the concept of the game.  He was trying to figure out if Piper knew the difference between a boy and a girl.
Michael: "Piper are you a boy or a girl?"
Piper: "A Dirl"
Michael: "Is your Mommy a boy or a girl?"
Piper: "A Dirl"
Michael: "Is your Daddy a boy or a girl?"
Piper: " My Daddy is CUTE!"
I am not sure where that came from, but we all laughed.
***************************************************
Tonight I was mixing some dried "chimichurri" spices with water, vinegar and olive oil.  I was then going to pour it on the beef tips I was sauteeing.  
Piper:  "What doing Mommy?"
Me:  "Making the sauce."
Piper: "The dirty sauce?"
I guess she thought the spices looked like dirt - comical!
*******************************************************
The other morning I opened Piper's door to get her up in the morning and she said, "Secret Password's Broccoli!"  Ainsley will often require people to say a secret password in order to get into her room.  The password has been broccoli before so I think Piper was trying to tell me that I needed to say the secret password in order to enter Piper's room.  And the password was Broccoli.  They learn too fast I'll tell ya!

Another new thing Piper is saying is - "Yes, I know."  I said to her one day - "Piper, you look cool"  and she responded - "Yes, I know."  I was taken aback to say the least.  How did she know how to use that phrase appropriately?  Now she uses it all the time.  I'll say, "Hey Piper, your show is on TV" and "She'll say, Yes, I know."  or "Piper - the kids are downstairs playing"  "Yes, I know".  She's funny.

Some other funny things - her favorite show on TV is "Little Dinesteins"  (Little Einsteins)
She says, Mommy - Fa Me. (Follow Me)
Nilk = Milk
She gets very excited about things and will say - WOW Chase or Yeah Dodo (MacGregor).  

I know there are more things that I am not remembering at this moment but I am glad that I did take the time to post these so that we'll remember these when the kids are grown.  I think that I'll never forget something so cute but alas our brains get so crammed that these cute moments get shoved aside and I do find myself forgetting these wonderful times.

5 comments:

Brielle said...

I love that you wrote all this down. Man, I need to see Piper. I love when they start saying such cute things. As I told you on the phone, the story about her saying her daddy is cute is a favorite at our house. :)

emlizalmo said...

Ooo Britt...I am so proud of you! Seriously, is there anything a toddler says that ISN'T funny? I love that little Piper of yours. Want to eat her up!

jennis said...

Love the "seminary" story! And it sounds like Dan has trained Piper well...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you wrote this down... they are so cute. I love the funny things they say. Emma's just getting into thephase of saying funny things too. I miss them and can't wait to see them and hear the cuteness for myself :o)

The Gang said...

I just LOVE the story about Aunt Emily- that is so adorable!! Kids say the darndest things!! :)