Sunday, November 26, 2006

She's Here, But She's Not!

Here's a quick update for those who haven't heard. I had my sister-in-law post this on her blog for family to read because I haven't had access to a computer since the birth so I just copied her post on my blog for now. I am home for a few minutes between feedings and once I am home for good I hope to get some photos up and explain everything in detail. Thanks B, for posting this for me.


A new baby!
Lady wanted me to update everyone, as she hasn't had a chance to get online for a few days. Lady went to the hospital on Wednesday morning to start the induction process... and at 1:55am on Thanksgiving day, Piper Lea came into the world. She weighed in at 8 pounds even, 21 inches long. Lady says the nurses in the nursery keep exclaiming over how long she is laying there in the isolette (sp?).Despite a less than effective epidural, Lady came through with flying colors. Piper is dealing with some blood incompatibility issues, and so has to remain at the hospital for phototherapy until bilirubin levels come down some more. She has both Rh incompatibility (even with the Rhogam shots) and blood grouping incompatibility (i.e. A vs O). Lady gets to stay overnight at the hospital (free of charge) to continue nursing baby Piper, until the bilirubin levels drop below 11 (I think...feel free to correct me Lady!)Congratulations and lots of love to Lady and Man! We'll look forward to some pictures, once everyone is home safe and sound!

7 comments:

Froga-lee said...

Thanks for the peek at Piper Lea. What a gorgeous girl! I wish I could be there to help you out. Hopefully, your extended stay at the hospital will give you a headstart on your own recovery as Piper is gaining strength. We love you and we are so proud of and excited for you!

Christine said...

What a beautiful little girl. Congratulations, and thank you for posting that picture--it sounds like things are busy! I hope she's able to come home soon and that both she and you will be able to get your feet under you. You are an amazing example. Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear of Piper's arrival! Congratulations on your new little girl. She is beautiful. I hope she can come home soon! Judi :)

Ree said...

Congratulations, Man and Lady! She is beautiful! Best wishes to both mother and baby for a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Piper is beautiful! Lady, you were amazing in that delivery room, I was so impressed. I hope that you and baby can come home soon and rest, we miss you and can't wait to spend time with the baby. Congratulations mommy! We love you.

Trick said...

I am so excited for you! I know it is late, but congrats and I hope you are all comfortably home now.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So glad she is here! She is absolutely yummy...as I knew she would be! I can't wait to talk to you! Love, AS