Friday, November 03, 2006

Halloween

Daniel is anxious to see the pictures of the kids dressed for Halloween. We had a successful hunt for candy - very much so for the boys. My brother, Brigham, was here for the big night which was very helpful. He helped get kids dressed and their make-up done. Then he took the boys thru some other neighborhoods. Our street is just a culdesac of about 20 houses and 6 or 8 of those weren't even home. Last year we only took the kids up the street and to a few other friends' homes. They certainly got "enough" candy but by comparison it didn't seem like much. Their pumpkins were only 1/4 full and I felt a little bad. So this year I had Brigham walk them thru some bigger neighborhoods nearby. Ainsley and I would have slowed the pace way down so the two of us just did our street. She got plenty of candy, she was certainly happy with her little stash. Well as it turned out the boys ended up walking a little over 2 miles and came home with their pumpkins overflowing! My brother decided to weigh the candy and it was 9 pounds - yes that was 9 pounds of candy! I hate my kids on candy - so Daniel is getting a lot these treats in his next few packages and we are going to send my brother home with probably half - for his services of course.

Scary:










Scarier:










I really felt bad for the boys this year because I didn't give them a choice of what they could be. My dad asked Chase, "What do you want to be this year?" I quickly snapped, "Don't ask him that - he doesn't have a choice, unless you are going to make or buy his costume and accessories!" I just felt like I couldn't do any of that Halloween planning and purchasing this year. I am trying to get my Christmas shopping done and I can only do so much. Plus, we had white shirts and black pants and capes from last year. All I bought were some new fangs and some black hairspray. Luckily Ainsley fits into my nieces handme downs so I didn't have to do anything special for her other than makeup.


Terribly Fierce!









So Sweet!

11 comments:

Christine said...

I think the costumes turned out well. The boys make pretty good looking (or should I say bad) vampires!

Lady said...

Thanks Woodine! They sure had a good time dressing up and trying to be scary!

Peanut said...

Those are some nice looking costumes! They all look great.

Anonymous said...

They look great! Don't stress either. I don't think it takes much for kids to enjoy Halloween. For me...it is just all around exhausting though. I could do without it...but don't tell my kids I said that! AS

Man said...

The kids look fantastic! Your daughter is absolutely ADORABLE! The boys make pretty good Vampires too. Love you all so much and miss you tons!

Ree said...

They look great! I have the same philosophy about costume choices. My kids can pick something that fits them from the costume box, or they can beg and borrow from friends!

Froga-lee said...

Wow! the kids look great and the make-up is top notch.
I started getting whiffs of empty nest syndrome this year as only one of my children dressed up and went trick or treating:( Sure, it brought the stress quotient way down, but it also toned down the festivity.

Anonymous said...

Great costumes! Glad Brigham could be there to help with the make-up etc. You guys make a good team. So good of you to take Ainsley out so she could get her fill of the Holiday. Love and Hugs!

Mark said...

Impressive makeup on all three!

Lady, I like your pragmatic approach to "costume selection" and the defense against opening doors to other options ... sorry Pawpaw.

Anonymous said...

Grace and Camille love to see your kids on the blog. Camille asks me whenever I am on the computer if we can look at the pictures of Ainsley. She is especially enjoying the costume pictures. I think she is very intrigued by the boys makeup! I hope you are feeling well . . . Judi

Trick said...

We love you Lady and we are praying for you. Hang in there.