Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Assembly!

I am not one to assemble things in my house. I don't have the perceptual visual gift. I often need Daniel to help me readjust the carseat straps, to help me fold my fabric a certain way or follow directions in putting toys together. I just can't see it. Well being 8 3/4 months pregnant (yes it's 9 days away) and just barely getting things out for this baby, and not having a man in the house, I decided I needed to take the plunge. Although in my mind the baby won't be coming until the Monday after Thanksgiving weekend, because that's what would be easiest for me (the kids have off 5 1/2 days of school and I prefer they are back in their routine before the baby comes). I decided I should probably start getting thing ready now.

So I took this:

And made this:


ALL BY MYSELF!!!

Can you tell I'm a little proud? Sure I had to unscrew a few things cuz I put them on the wrong side or upside down - the whole finished edge vs non-finshed edge really threw me off in places. But on the whole - I was able to follow the instructions, screw and nail pretty straight, and got it together in a timely fashion. The best part is that it actually works! See:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Brittney! Glad it worked out well for you. I admire your ambition. Love to all.

Taffy said...

Those projects and be a little confusing at times. You did a great job and it looks like it will work well for the new little one comming soon!

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo! Way to go girl! I am so proud of you! You can conquer the WORLD now! Love you, AS

Man said...

You make me proud Sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing what can get done in the final days of pregnancy! I can't believe your precious little one will soon arrive! I am thinking of you. Love, Judi

Boss said...

Doesn't it feel great? It sure looks great!