Thursday, November 16, 2006

Assembly, Part II

Now this is the assembly I like to do:

I finally finished this baby's quilt. I think in the past few days I have finished getting things out, washed, and put together enough that I won't be so stressed if she decides to come tomorrow. (Although there is now a kink in my perfect plan for her to be born the Monday after Thanksgiving - my doctor will be off the week after Thanksgiving. She has a new partner that would deliver me if I went then but I have only seen her twice and I would really like to have the doctor I have been seeing from the beginning. My doctor told me I've progressed further than I was last week and would be induceable if I would like to come in next week. She is on call all next week - the week of Thanksgiving. So we may be pushing our Thanksgiving to Saturday and having this baby mid-week).

This quilt is just a typical ragquilt - I used 7 inch squares in a random pattern. It's flannel on both sides but this is the first one I did with batting. I had leftover batting from Wood and Woodine's quilt so I decided to make this one a little thicker - since this is a winter baby. It's a lot more time consuming to add batting. I didn't buy enough fabric for the back. I bought the back fabric first and wasn't sure how big or what pattern I wanted the quilt. I slowly collected the fabrics for the front from different places and then came up with the size and pattern but now I didn't have enough of the back - I wanted a checkerboard on the back with the hot pink/aqua (alternating). I didn't feel like running out for more back fabric because I had gotten the fabric at different places and I really needed to start the quilt. So I came up with what I thought would be the best with what I had. I don't like it at all. But I LOVE the front. We'll just always have it front side up.

7 comments:

Man said...

You are so awesome! It looks lovely, Piper is going to Love it! Ilove you immensely!

Boss said...

Both front and back look great to me. That'll be one cozy baby!

Taffy said...

You make awesome quilts! Good work! (Plus you get src pionts for using fabris that you already had to finish the back!)

Anonymous said...

It looks great--both sides! The important thing about a quilt is to keep the child warm. You dahve that part well taken care off. Nice work at being so ready. You ar in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Love and Hugs

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! You need to sit down, put your feet up, take a deep breath and relax! That's an order! Seriously though, it looks like you're all ready. I am REALLY loving the name Piper. Your blanket looks terrific, on both sides. It's frustrating when you know how you want something to look...and you can't quite get it. But, as an outsider looking in...I think it's great. We sure do love our cute one you made for Molly! It's my favorite cuddle blanket. Love you, AS

Christine said...

Wow, that turned out beautifully! You have such a knack for that. Good luck in this coming up week.

Anonymous said...

This is the type assembly I prefer, also. The blanket is beautiful. I got the instructions for the rag quilt from my sister,SPH-1, and hope to make a few of them myself. You and your family are always in my prayers, as well. Aunt BettyBoop