Sunday, November 19, 2006

Let Us Eat Cake

Tonight we went to my parents to celebrate my older brother's birthday. We had a great dinner and enjoyed visiting and eating a Carvel icecream cake. My sister arrived from Idaho and the cousins had lots of fun playing games and running and screaming. With 3 three year olds, an 8 month old, a 5 month old and a 7 year old that loves to chase the 3 year olds, it got very loud and chaotic at times. Here are some highlights of the night:

Brian's Family -

Lot of helpers blowing out the candles!
Why is it that the most exciting part of the cake is getting to lick the ends of the candles. Our kids fought over who got a candle to lick - don't they know they are getting a whole piece?

Stacy with baby Slater, Ainsley with blue lips from her icing!




My sister Brielle and her 8 month old came home with me so I will now have someone staying at the house overnight with me. The 3 year old girls spent the night with Mamaw to their sheer delight. My boys can't seem to get anything done with their 8 month old cousin Aspen around. They want to sit next to her, read to her, play with her, make her laugh, get one more hug before bed from her... I wonder if they will be this engaged with their new sister. I feel a sense of relief that Brielle is here in case labor comes on during the night. Although there aren't many nights left because we have made an appointment for induction on Wednesday morning. ( I really wanted MY doctor to deliver me, more that I wanted the kids to be in school when the baby came). So unless the baby decides she wants out earlier, we'll have her on Wednesday, November 22nd which is my maternal grandmother's birthday. So that is kinda special! Two days early sounds good to me too because I'm feeling kind of FULL!

4 comments:

dani said...

Hey! Sounds like a fun time was had by all! You are looking very FULL too! We love you and can't wait for the big day to arrive. By-the-way, the 22nd of ANY month is a GREAT day to be born! :D

Froga-lee said...

Wow, it must be great to have a solid date for the labor to begin. I was disappointed to be in the hospital for Thanksgiving but that was just because I was so sure Big B would be born late like his sister. When a hospital stay is part of your holiday planning, it's not quite the let down. We love you and we'll be thinking of you!

Man said...

Lady you look like you're about to have a baby! Thanks for keeping me posted and for getting the great Pics of the Kids and your family. It's too bad that I don't get to be there personally, but you do a really good job of communicating everyting that goes on so that I feel as though I were there. You are going to do awesome! I think and prayfor you constantly. Love you with all my heart!

Trick said...

thanks for the pics