Monday, November 13, 2006

LOST

MacGregor lost something!
Can you tell what it is?
MacGregor came home Saturday morning from a overnight campout very excited that he had a tooth that was especially wiggly (his first one). I told him it would be out very soon and to keep wiggling it. I told him to push it and pull it until he heard little cracking sounds. Well he was so excited, within minutes he appeared with an apple. He just KNEW that when he bit into this apple that his tooth would magically fall out. Well that's not quite how it happened. Instead, he bit into the apple and it hurt terribly. He then proceeded to cry for the next few hours. It was throbbing, he couldn't chew, he couldn't wiggle it anymore. He was devestated. It was so sad!! I gave him some tylenol and told him he should leave it alone for the rest of the day.
Sunday he got up feeling better. We got to church and during the beginning of Sacrament Meeting he asked if I could pull out his tooth - yes there at church. He told me we could go to the bathroom to do it. I said I really didn't want to take the chance he would get blood on his white shirt. I told him to keep wiggling it with his tongue and we would take it out (if he wanted) when we got home. When we got home he changed his clothes and we went in the bathroom. I had a glass of cold water, a couple of paper towels and a piece of ice laid out. I asked him if I could take a quick feel to see the best position of pulling it out (inside I was thinking - "Oh how I wish Daniel was here - the teeth pulling thing is HIS thing not mine") MacGregor was so brave and so calm - not anything like the experiences we had with this older brother. I felt around til I thought I had the best grip and with no warning whatsoever I pulled straight up and out it came. Easy as Pie! Gregor let out a little "OH" and then looked in the mirror with sheer delight! All in all it was great experience.

6 comments:

Man said...

MacO, that's so exciting! It looks like a really nice incisor. I am proud of how brave you were. I wish I could have been there. Hope you have a great day! Love Daddy.

Anonymous said...

Good Job Big Mac! Only 19 more to go. I already knew you were tough when you had to have a fish hook removed from your face.
Jemely

Christine said...

Woo-hoo, that's fantastic! Way to go MacGregor (and mommy) on that first tooth!

Taffy said...

Good job! Jessie will be jealous! Her tooth is wiggly but she can;t get it out! (The adult tooth erupted but it's pushed way back. So we will be visiting the dentist soon.) Mac looks good with a holy smile!

Man said...

GO EAGLES!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy! You're awesome Gregor! Really brave too...so is your Mommy! All the neighborhood kids are going to start coming over for some painless teeth pulling! AS