Thursday, November 27, 2008

Times of Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I have been thinking about assembling a List of things that I am thankful for and publishing it for some time now, but I would like to make some qualifications prior to everyone reading and acknowledging it. It (the list), by no means, is a comprehensive, or an all-inclusive list. It's just a list of things that have crossed my mind this Thanksgiving.
I am grateful to be alive and well today. I am thankful for the knowledge and witness of an all powerful and merciful God who sent his Only Begotten Son to conquer death and sin and establish a way for the imperfect (including myself) to become perfected to a point where there can be a mutual dwelling. So grateful I am for prayer. I have felt the power that comes from prayers offered on my behalf which not only have uplifted and inspired me, but have kept me safe and protected in times of peril and danger. Thank you to all who have offered thoughts and words of prayer in my behalf. Probably one of the things for which I am most thankful, and which occupies my thoughts and prayers daily is my beautiful and loving wife, Brittney. Lady, you are (I know that I have said this in other places, but it is absolutely true) the best thing that has ever happened to me. I thank God for you everyday of my life. Thank you for the Love, which you so freely give me, for the support and direction, which you unselfishly offer me, and the purpose which you provide for my life. You are the Best! Gratitude fills my heart for my children and the happiness they make me feel. I am so blessed am grateful to have parents who loved and provided for me and tried to teach me the right way to live. Thank you for your counsel, support and love. I am thankful that my sister Emily and her husband J live near my family and me. They are a blessing to us. I'm grateful for family and friends who care for me and look after my family while I am away. I am thankful to live in a free country and to have the opportunity to be educated and fulfill my dreams. I'm so thankful for those who sacrificed what they had so that this country could be what it is today. I am grateful for my partners at Conestoga OMS and for the great individuals they are. I feel very lucky to have great staff and assistants to work with as well. Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives and for dealing with my quirks. I am grateful for hot pecan pie and pralines and cream ice-cream (yum). Chase, Maco, Ainsley and Piper thanks for making me smile and giving me happiness that lasts forever. I love and miss you so. I am thankful for a wonderful relationship with my wife's parents. They have affected our lives (Britt's and mine) for good and have always been of great support. I am thankful for the ability to fish and be surrounded by the beauty of this great Earth. I'm grateful for my home and for the fact that it won't be long until I return to its comforting confines. I am thankful for the scriptures, the priesthood, the Holy Spirit and the instruction, the stewardship and the answers that they bring. I feel a great deal of gratitude to the Lord for giving me the opportunity in the past of working with Young Men in the Lancaster 3rd Ward. Thank you for enriching my life with your greatness. I am grateful for those who take time to validate my posts by leaving messages. I am even grateful for those who do not as well. I am thankful for Thanksgiving. Again, let me remind you that this is not an all-inclusive list, because there truly would not be enough room to express my gratitude for all things. I am thankful for YOU. Take Care, and be good!

5 comments:

Lady said...

And we are thankful for you!!! I am thankful that you are always so forthcoming with your compliments and gratitude. I am glad that you make the most of every situation and always find the positive. It's comforting to know you are happy while you are away. We are counting down the days until we are reunited!! We miss you so much. We love you lots too!

Princess Gerty said...

Thanks for sharing your gratitude! Ditto, ditto, ditto! I am so grateful for an AWESOME family. I am so glad we love to be around each other. Even though it brings sorrow when we are apart, at least we want to be together! I love you and miss you Man!

Amy Smith said...

Hey Dan - how were the sweet potatoes this year?

Mark said...

Daniel - thank you for your service and for your example. I am grateful for the sacrifice both on the part of service men and women AND their families.

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to have such a special son-in-law. Thank you for being the man you are and the great husband to our daughter and father to our wonderful grandchildren you have given to us. You are the best and such a postive person, such a great example. God Bless and keep you in His care. I love you.
Reenie