Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Happy Birthday MOM!!

I've been really bad at getting posts up lately.  (I've been just a little busy.)  But I must just post a little about my SUPER MOM!!

DECEMBER 2nd - HAPPY BIRTHDAY 
MOM!! 
Her birthday experience this year took place half way around the world only one day after arriving in South Africa.  Luckily our friends in the church are like family and they had flowers, a cake and a "market" basket waiting (they don't do bags at the stores).  She was also taken out for dinner to an Italian restaurant.  (I guess some food is world wide).
We missed her here though.  Mamaw is the BEST.  She is sweet, loving, generous, and most of all - FUN.  She genuinely loves people and does her best to show that love always.  She gives of her time to anyone in need even when it's not convenient.  I want to be like her and I often think of how she would handle a situation.
Brinn gave birth to a baby girl yesterday that will always share her Mamaw's birthday.  Camilla Ann Rogers was born at 10:42am.  6 pounds 14 ounces.  19 inches long.  Mommy and Baby are doing well.

I certainly wished I had taken more pictures when Mom and Dad were with us, but I just get caught up in living and forget to grab a camera and capture the moment.  These were a few moments I did catch in the month before she left.

9 comments:

The Gang said...

Those pictures are incredible. Reenie is one of a kind....she is such a wonderful person both inside and out. I could not have asked for a better mother-in-law!! And a better family to be a part of! Happy Birthday Reenie!! How is the Italian food in South Africa?

Brielle said...

I love this post. I love the pictures of mom. You have a lot more than I do of her. I am so glad they did something special for her in South Africa. She is such an awesome person. Someone to definitely look up to. I do that as well, think about what mom would do in a situation. You usually can't go wrong when you think how she would handle it. I love that woman tons. Thanks for the post Britt!

Judi said...

Your mom is so pretty Brittney! (Actually you look a lot like her.)

So sad she didn't get to see her new granddaughter before she left! But how neat they have the same birthday.

How are you surviving? I bet you are missing your parents and Dan! You are in my prayers and thoughts.

:)

MAN said...

Mamaw really is the Best! If you have not met her, then you are really missing out. Reenie is the most kind and caring individual on this planet that we call Earth. Her heart is made of pure gold and she lives a very unselfish provident life. A wonderful woman and mother. Papaw is very fortunate to have such a fantastic and beautiful companion. I hope that your Birthday was great and that you know that we all love you for the Great person that you are (Even if you do make your smilies backwards :-)).

O family said...

Oh, this is a wonderful post! I love love love your Mom. She is such a warm, kind, funny and LOVING person. She always makes me feel so super comfortable. Even if we go years without seeing each other, it is like nothing has changed and I immediately feel loved and welcomed. How wonderful it is that Camilla and Aunt Reenie share a birthday. It is always extra special to share your big day with someone else (like me and Grandpa V!!)

emlizalmo said...

I love her. Happy birthday you wonderful lady! And kudos to Brinn for the BEST present EVER! :)

Christine said...

Your mom is wonderful. More then once when I felt a little awkward or out of place your mom made me feel comfortable. She has a knack for making people feel that they are special and important to her, even if she just met them! That is rare gift - she is a rare woman.

Anonymous said...

Does that lady know how old she is? Silly woman on that bull and Papaw gave me a really wild ride! What a sweet blog Britt. What sweet pictures, of course I cried.
I really miss these little people who won't be so little when I get back. Love you tons,
Mom/Mamaw

Princess Gerty said...

Happy Birthday Reenie!