Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sweetest Guy Ever!!

My husband is so thoughtful and sweet.  Monday morning I drove my parents to the airport so they could begin their 2 year mission in Africa.  We left the house at 4:20 AM.  The day before had been very emotional as we hosted a little goodbye dinner for family.  As each person left and I watched the goodbye emotions, I also got choked up.  


Anway - back to my sweet husband.  He knew Monday was going to be a tough and emotional day for me.  Monday afternoon I was just about to lay down for a nap and a knock came to the door.  I peeked around the corner but didn't answer it.  I didn't feel up to company.  I peeked around again trying to see who it was.  I finally saw an outline of an older woman I didn't recognize.  I thought it was the Jehovah's Witnesses because they like to stop by and give me literature.  They know I am always nice to them.  After the second knock I said, "What the heck?" and opened to the door and to my very pleasantly surprised face saw these beautiful flowers is this gorgeous blue vase from my dear husband with the sweetest card.


Thank you Daniel.  I love you so much!!

8 comments:

Ree said...

That really is a gorgeous blue vase--What a beautiful arrangement!

The Gang said...

They are sooo gorgeous. Good Job Dan!!

Judi said...

So sweet! I bet it made you feel loved. What an exciting mission call for your parents. I think it would be neat to be involved in the PEF. That is really a neat program. I'll be anxious to read up on their adventures in Africa.

MAN said...

Lady- You are the most precious thing that I have in my life and knowing that you are experiencing difficult and saddening days and times is very hard my heart. I always want you you to know how integral you are in my life. There is not a second that goes by each day that my mind and heart don't think and feel for you. I HATE being away from you and truly cannot wait till we are reunited in the near future. You complete me and make me strive to be a better man and husband everyday. I LOVE and miss you so much.
Daniel

O family said...

oh geez, I am totally crying here! First because your parents are gone. I am saddened from this so I can't imagine how you feel. Then because Dan was so sweet to think of you. Third because of his wonderful comment. Lovely flowers and wonderful marriage!

Christine said...

Nicely done Man. Those flowers are beautiful! Your family is in our hearts and prayers.

Princess Gerty said...

Yeah, I don't know what is more touching, Lady's post, or Man's comment! You two are so sweet and strong! What great examples!

April Kennedy said...

Oh...SWEET MAN! Something my hubby would do too. I read his comment too and completely choked up...reminded me of our days in the military and all the times Dave and I weren't together to celebrate special occasions or just to hang out together.

Hang in there Brittany. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Dan and your parents also!