Sunday, November 23, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Can it be?  Can she really be 2 already?
Her Daddy's post was so touching and I can't really compete with the sentiment of that, but I can show him some of the highlights of the day.  I am so sad he is missing this time in which she changes so rapidly.  But he is right when he says she brings a smile to everyone's face. She is the most pleasant baby, fun and happy, social and caring.  She's certainly one of a kind and I am so glad to experience life with her.
Blowing out her two candles.  She blew them out all by herself.  I should have put three of them on because when you ask her how old she is she says - 3 old.  They're always in a hurry to grow up, aren't they?
We had lots of fun with party hats.!
Sometimes 2... do I look like a medieval princess or a bull?
The whole gang!
Em and J hosted dinner at their house.  It was great!  I had had an extremely busy weekend with a Primary Activity Day which included practice for our program on Saturday.  Saturday night I had shopping and a sharing time to prepare.  Sunday we woke early to get to church near 8 am to get ready for our performance.  It was AWESOME.  All the kids did so well, except Ainsley who would not say her part.  She and the Sunbeams.  Oh Well maybe next year.  She knew it by heart, said it everyday for me at home.
Anyway - after a busy weekend I was glad to go somewhere else for dinner.  I think the kids were too.
She got a beautiful card from her Daddy.  Chase read it to her and she listened to every word.  It got me all choked up.
She got some new piggy jammies.  I was surprised that she was so happy about them.  She said, "Oh NightyNight.  Pigs."  She wanted them unwrapped and tags off immediately.
Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Roy sent her a cute picnic set with a little radio.  She loved it!!
She also got a Mrs. Potato Head.  She had lots of fun putting purses, high heels and "crazy eyes" on her potato.
She also got some helium balloons which included Elmo.  I wished my video camera had been on when saw them.  She started bouncing them around like they were punching balloons and her hair was completely full of static but she had the biggest smile.

Overall I think it was a super fun birthday.  The only thing that would have been better was if her Daddy could have been here too.

8 comments:

MAN said...

I can't describe how this makes me feel other than it makes me smile ear to ear to hear and see how great of a Birthday she had :-) What a special day! I almost feel like I was there. It was so good to talk to her...access to technology has made my day bright and brought me closer to the ones I love. What a blessing! Thanks Lady, you always make me smile too. What a great Birthday for Piper!

Princess Gerty said...

Wow! I am so grateful we can get great updates! Happy Birthday Little Lady!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Piper! You are so cute! That is fun that Em and J are close again.

You are amazing Brit! Way to keep the homestead running.

Wendy

O family said...

YAY PIPER!!! Big TWO years old! So exciting. I am glad that the Princess had a great birthday. It is sad that Dan couldn't be there. His post for her was so sweet, I got a little choked up. Let me know when Quinn and Miss Piper can play together!

The Gang said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIPER!! LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD AN AWESOME BIRTHDAY PARTY- I LOVE THE HATS!!

Judi said...

Happy Birthday Piper! Grace and Camille wish they could play with you! (They like "live" dolls.:)

emlizalmo said...

Happy birthday you cute girl! Even when she's not smiling, she looks like she's smiling! I love it. I'm so glad the program went well, and that it is now OVER. YAY Britt!

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

Britt...I don't know how you do it all! You are truly amazing and Piper is all that PLUS a bag of chips!