Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Tiny Dancer

It's recital time again.
The recital will be Saturday evening, June 7th, but we have dress rehearsal on Friday night and we had a regular rehearsal on Monday and class pictures last Saturday. We've been busy with Dance. These photos are from Saturday's photo ops. The teacher organizes times for the classes to come and sets them up in poses but there are no professional photographers. Parents just take the pictures they want. We spent an hour showering Ainsley, blow drying her hair and setting it in hot rollers. She is supposed to have her hair down with curls. But the humidity was out of control Saturday morning and by the time we arrived her curls had mostly melted away (I think we'll use sponge rollers for the recital and take them out 10 minutes before the show). In spite of all that -we got really lucky because we were the first time slot. A half hour later, right after we arrived at the church primary activity - it began to downpour. I imagine all the classes for the other hour and a half of time slots had to get their pictures inside in front of a boring white wall. I am thankful we got our pictures in front of the beautiful greenery.

Here is Ainsley with her two "Emilys". They were also in Ainsley's pre-school class and they all got yellow. The girls got to sign up for their first and second choice for color. Ainsley's first choice was yellow and I was really worried that it wouldn't look good against her hair and skin color. But I was really surprised - because I think she totally pulls it off.

This year her class is doing a tap routine to "Bigger isn't Better" from the Broadway show "Barnum". I think their costumes are the cutest of any that I saw on Saturday. I thought that about her class last year too. Maybe I'm biased, or maybe just lucky that both years she gotten the cutest costumes. I think their costumes, with the bright colors and vertical stripes, are supposed to make you think of circus tents. Part of their routine includes walking on their tip toes with their arms out to the sides like they are walking on a tight rope. Their routine is the most complicated of all the routines in their age group. It really doesn't repeat any elements throughout. Ainsley's getting better - we've been working a little at home. I told her just to watch her friend Courtney, who knows all the steps. She does fine when the teacher is in front of her but the teacher won't be with them Saturday night.

Wish her luck!!

6 comments:

emlizalmo said...

WOW! Now SHE looks good! I bet that is such a treat to go watch. I wish my girls were in something like that. Someday. Way to go Ainsley...if your outfit is indicative, I bet you were so awesome!

Brielle said...

So cute! Kamden is so jealous, when she saw Ainsley her mouth dropped open and said "mom I want to dance" I wish we could be there to watch her recital. Good luck Ainsley.

dani said...

Her Aunt Dani thinks she made the PERFECT color choice too! :) I hope the show goes well and that her curls bounce all over the place for her. She's adorable as always. love, dani

O family said...

Hope cute can one little girl be?!?! I LOVE Ainsley in yellow. The outfits were all adorable. Hope the show is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! She looks like such a big girl. I wish I could be there to see her dance. The girls look so cute in their outfits. Give Ainsley a big hug for me!

Anonymous said...

So cute in her yellow. I think it is the color of yellow, because that color looks pretty good on her. The whole class looks so colorful. Their costumes truly remind me of a circus. Love, Mom