Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Small mouth

Last week Daniel treated my Dad to a fishing day on the mighty Susquehanna River. Dan knows a part time fishing guide who has taken him on more than several adventures.
The weather was supposed to have been awful. In fact the night before, I tried to talk Daniel out of doing it on that particular day. I didn't want him to spend quite a bit of money and have my Dad have a miserable day. They wanted to go anyway - they wore warmer attire and brought along their head-to-toe rain gear. Well - they fished from 7 am - 3 pm and only got rain their last few minutes. In fact they both got rather sunburned and Daniel ended up wearing his rain gear to keep the sun off of him.

My Dad had never been small mouth bass fishing before and said he was feeling a bit insecure with his fishing ability when by hour 5 he had yet to catch one. He said, Daniel brought in a fish, then the guide brought in one, then Daniel, then the guide etc.... Finally my Dad caught a Susquehanna Bone Fish - he said it was basically an oversized minnow. Not quite what he was hoping for. But then his luck began to change and he caught these doosies when Daniel and the guide couldn't seem to get anymore bites. These are some pretty good sized small mouths.

In the end - it ended up being a FINE day!

5 comments:

Brielle said...

I am so glad dad got to go with Dan and that the weather turned out nicely. Man dads belt buckle looks awesome!

emlizalmo said...

Mmmm...Yimmy Yenerosity. LOVE him! WHY did we call him that? I thought I was truly hilarious. Everyone forgot to tell me I wasn't. :)

Anonymous said...

It was a great day and I did catch some of those fightin' golden bass the Susquehanna is known for. Yes I did get too much sun on my arms and the belt buckle is very cool Brielle. Thanks for posting Brit and thanks again Dan!
Papaw (Jim) (Yimmy Yenerosity?)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That man in blue is the catch if you ask me. A keeper for sure! ( : Nice fish, fun day for both of them. And I did think you (Amy) were hilarious. ( : Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Lookin good in the belt buckle Dad!! I think your fish look good too. Dan has the magic touch with fishing :o)