Friday, June 27, 2008

The Best Joke EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in April my mom and I were shopping in a fabric store. We found the funniest fabric and both looked at each other and started giggling. I don't know who had the idea first but we were both on board right away. We HAD to make a baby blanket with this for my sister who was having her first boy (she has 2 girls already). Boys love fireman, right?


Anyway - we decided it had to be a surprise. Shortly thereafter we found out that a friend of my sister's was throwing her a baby shower .... so our stage was set.

My mom told Brielle that she was sooo sad she couldn't be at her shower (which was true) so would she please have someone film her opening the gift from us. She told Brielle that we had made some receiving blankets... nothing fancy (which was true also).


It ended up just perfect. We did Dalmatian flannel on the back (to match the doggies on the front of course). We folded it flannel side out and put it on top so when she opened it that is what she saw. Then she pulled it out exposing the other side to her audience - they gasped and laughed and it took Brielle a minute to understand why.


Anyway - it's funniest from her perspective... www.idapete.blogspot.com

Check it out. It really was the best joke ever - she had no clue and I can't wait to see that video!

Oh - and it wasn't a total waste either. To quilt it - I free motioned stitched around each man, dog, truck, building and hydrant. I had never done that before and although I'm still not a great machine quilter (I get bunches on the back, it's really hard for me to keep all three layers tight) - I am glad I got some experience doing free motion.

6 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Hilarious!!! I SO badly wish I was there. Is someone going to post some video? I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

It was a blast doing that for Brielle. ( : A fun memory.
Love, Mom

Brielle said...

You got me!!! It was a funny joke. I really can't wait to take it to church! I would love to see peoples reactions.

Anonymous said...

B R I E L L E . . . DO NOT TAKE THAT QUILT TO CHURCH!!!!
Your, Mother

Brielle said...

mom, it is okay. I will not take the quilt to church. I WAS KIDDING.

The Edwards Clan said...

This is hilarious!! Your mom told me about this whole thing. It's great to see the pictures and read about it. TOO Funny!!