Friday, June 06, 2008

Fast Fingers (or Not)

We have this Cranium pad of paper with little quizzes and such... We pulled one off not to long ago and have had a great time with it - they entitled it Stunt Double.

OK - so here's what you do...

1. Point out just your left index finger and raise your right thumb.

2. Switch thumb and forefinger positions between hands.

3. Keep alternating thumbs and forefingers at the same time as quickly as you can.


Sounds easy doesn't it, but it seems that when I go to switch and point the right index finger my thumb stays up. I concentrate really hard before I switch hoping that I can do it but there's some kinda slow brain thing happening. A slow connection causing a really slow reaction.

On a side note - It says that piano players seem to have faster finger response times. In fact they said that professional pianists have significantly faster finger response times than professional typists. Hmmmm... I've always been a great typist but never got very good at the piano... it must come from a different part of my brain that's not very developed. Too Bad.

We had alot of fun asking all of our family and friends to do this and watching them try.

Let us know how you did and whether or not you play the piano.

5 comments:

Brielle said...

Okay, I am really slow, but that is not really a surprise. And I quit piano in Jr. high so I can only play right hand. Sounds like a fun game.

Judi said...

Well I was pretty bad - I had to really think what I was doing. I'm not a pianist either though. Ben did better (he is the pianist) but still he kept having the problem of both thumbs up. Thanks for sharing :).

O family said...

Wow, I was really bad. hmm, not too suprised though. I never played the piano. I can move my left hand clockwise and my right hand counter clockwise very well though :) (like going towards your chest)

Boss said...

I definitely fall into the "not fast" category. In fact, I couldn't make even one fully successful switch. Coincidentally, I am also not a piano player.

emlizalmo said...

Um...I'm a moron. :(