Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Out of Sight ...but...NEVER Out of Mind


Daniel may be out of sight but the kids continue to think of him everyday. It all started at the fair last Friday, we were visiting a taxidermy exhibit and the kids saw these fish. They said, "Mommy, Mommy, get a picture of this for Daddy." Then there were the boats..... Ainsley, my little 3 year old has been cultured already. Whenever we see a boat as we are driving down the road, her remark is, "Mommy, that's a nice bass boat." Well we saw some nice bass boats at the fair and the boys thought they needed to try it out for their dad.

Then on Sunday the kids were in the back yard of my parents. They were in a wooded area with lots of compost and MacGregor finds the largest worm I have ever seen. I think you could almost include it in the snake family! The poor thing was pulling himself apart at the middle though. He eventually pulled completely apart and had lots of fertile soil falling from his mid-section. I told MacGregor to sort of hold him together for the photo so we could see how long he really was. This was sort of difficult since one side of him was wriggleing quite ferociously. I said, "Wow, MacGregor, what a worm!," He said, "No Mommy, This is a NightCrawler" We all know what nightcrawlers are used for.


Then my 3rd grader comes home with THIS book. Just take a quick scan.





I guess Chase is hoping to learn all the tricks of the trade so he can outfish his dad when he gets back. I'm not sure this book's intended audience is a 9 year old but it was found in an elementary school library. So yes, Daniel may be far away physically but he's never far from our thoughts! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure GreatGrampa AJP is up there cheering on these fisher-girlies and boylies (as he would call them.)It's fun to watch this generational connection develop. Love to all! SPH-1

Taffy said...

I'm glad the kids have a way that they can dtill feel connected woth their dad. I think that is so important for them.

Man said...

Wonderful pictures of Sweet Bass and a very nice Bass Boat. I hope Freckleface discovers all the secrets to catching bigger fish more often. Great memory building. I'm really lucky to have children who enjoy doing the things that I love to do. Love you!

Boss said...

What cute and thoughtful fisher-girlies and boylies. Their enthusiasm is almost enough to make me think about contemplating a hypothetical foray into fishing. Almost.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! These kids sure do love their daddy. Hey...maybe you guys should box up that nightcrawler for him...now THAT is true love. AS