Thursday, September 21, 2006

Big Girl's First Day

BIG PRE-SCHOOL GIRL


Ok - so it really wasn't her first day it was her second. The first day was last Thursday and Daniel was still here and we were running a ton of errands and it was raining and we didn't get her all gussied up. So this was Tues. the 19th - her second day. She is doing pre-school two days a week from Noon - 2:20pm.

These pictures of for you but especially for her Daddy to see -

She looks so grown up - I just can't stand it. She is starting to act grown up too. Tuesday started the drop off. This means we don't walk them in, we pull up to the entrance and a pre-school staff member opens the car door and helps them inside. We pulled up to the entrance and just as the director was coming to the van a mother walks up with her child (instead of waiting in the car line like the rest of us). The director distracted by them went to help this little girl up the steps to her class line at the same moment that I was automatically opening our van door. Ainsley didn't hesitate at all - no waiting for the director to help her out of the car. She just jumped out of the van with her little backpack on and walked right up the stairs to the door. No turning around with a wave or a "Bye Mom", no worried look because she wasn't with an adult. The director caught her at the top of the stairs and got her to the right line.

Here's a photo SHE had to take -

The best part was picking her up that day. The teacher said she had had a great day. I had seen other kids from her class walking out as I was walking in. They were carrying their projects they had made that day - which were puppets they made of themselves. When I went to pick up Ainsley's, I had no doubt that it was hers. I thought it was so cute that the teachers had taken the time to cut out a pink bow that matched the one she had worn that day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! No separation anxiety there. Love the pictures. SPH-1

Emmy said...

She is so big now! I can hardly believe it!

Taffy said...

What a big girl! I like the pink bow, too.

Boss said...

Holy fetch that kid is adorable!

Man said...

Ainsley, you are absolutely beautiful! I love you with all my heart.

Man said...

Princess I want you to see my picture and know that I love you!