Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ainsley's Projects

Just about every pre-school day, Ainsley brings home a project she made. Well, this week she was really excited about her "kite" (windsock). She told me that she was going to show it to her dad at Christmas. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I couldn't guarantee that all her projects would still be around by Christmas. But I said we could take a picture and post it for Daddy to see. So here are Ainsley's September projects.

Bunny- At her school each room has a label. There is the Duck room, the Butterfly room, the Lamb room, the Frog room, and the Bunny room. Ainsley's class is the Bunny room. Then they call the student's by these animal names - they have little ducks and little lambs. Ainsley is a little bunny. They made these bunnies on their first day of school. (my parents both told her what a nice "mouse" she made - she was quick to correct them - bunny! not mouse!)

Her family -

This week they have studied apples. They made little individual apple pies on Tuesday. Ainsley shared with me and it was really good. She's funny though cuz she made sure to tell me that put "white sugar" on it. She's really into sugar lately. (Infact we had something with potatoes this week and I had an extra one that was already peeled. My family likes raw potatoes, sliced with a little salt. Ainsley asked for a slice of potato with butter and sugar on it, but no, her mean mother wouldn't let her try it that way) Back to the pie - she also told me she didn't like the apples - so I ate the filling and she ate the crust. I really didn't understand why she didn't like them. She loves raw apples, although not a bad deal for me. The filling was great.
Here's the "kite" she really wanted to show her daddy. It has apple cut-outs in red, yellow and green.

Ainsley has had a real hard time understanding Daniels deployment. She knows where he is and tells people at the store and at church, but then when we drive into the garage and she sees his car she gets excited and says, "Daddy's home." To her recollection that is how it has always been - when Daddy's car is home, he's here. When his car is not home, he's gone. I continue to tell her every time that daddy didn't take his car he took an airplane, but it still breaks my heart. This last time she argued with me and said - "He IS home, he's in his room." I told her she could look but I don't think she'll find him. It's really hard. I think she'll get it with time.

9 comments:

Man said...

Your projects are so beautiful. You really are talented. Your kite looks like it would fly so well. I love you Princess, I'll be home to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Pre-school looks like a lot of fun with all those lovely projects. Ainsley you do a great job making them. Brittney ytou to a tremendous job mothering your children. WE love you! So nice that you can enjoy the blogs and comment Man. SPH-1

Peanut said...

What fun projects! And quite a cute kid!

Lady said...

SPH-1, Your words give me strength. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Brit,
I can only imagine how valuable this is for Dan. Mom and I get a lot out of this, and we are only 50 minutes away and see you twice a week.If you are able, keep it up and call me when the grass needs cut. We don't want to see any pictures on this blog of you or Chase cutting a long and needy lawn. Dad

Christine said...

Great job on your projects Ainsley. I especially liked your kite! And I add a hearty AMEN to SPH-1...you are quite a woman!

Christine said...

Hmmmm...yes, Ainsley is quite a little woman, but I meant that last part of the comment for Brittney. Whoops.

Anonymous said...

Dang it! That's confusing for that tiny girl. SO cool to see her daddy on here though! Ainsley is an amazing artist! Now what did you mean by "it may not be around in December"? Certainly you can't mean it finds it's way to the garbage can?! Trust me, I'm kidding! I can hardly handle all the fabulous things that come home from school. Taking pictures may just be the answer I needed! Love you, AS

Trick said...

I also have a hard time with the accumulation of art projects. My daughter makes a lot at school and I hang some up on the walls, but try to sneak some in the garbage. No one is happy to find their work there. I am just grateful we really do have a lot of space.