Monday, April 30, 2007

IT'S A GIRL!!!


EMMA (middle name to be determined)



Weight: 7 pounds
Length: 20 1/2 inches
Time: 8:37 PM
LOTS of dark hair!



Brinn's water broke this morning at 4 am. Her contractions started coming pretty regularly by noon or so (Brinn will have to correct me if I am wrong.) She progressed pretty well and by 5:50 pm began her pushing. She pushed for nearly 3 hours and was a real trooper. She didn't have any drugs (call her CRAZY) and did a SUPER job. Kent did a great job applying constant counter pressure. Brinn's back was killing her. Good thing he has such big hands and firm knuckles.





Mom and baby are doing well. From what we could tell (after only 1 hour after birth) she has her mother's eyes and definitely her fathers nose. It's an R family nose, infact her cousin born only months ago has a very similar nose.


These are just a few of the pictures I managed to get in the short time I was there.



Thanks to you both Brinn and Kent for allowing me to share such tender moments with you!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY and CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a beautiful little girl!! I'm glad to hear all are doing well.

Patrick and Leigh said...

Lady, thank you for posting the pictures!!! I was dying to see what she looks like. Adorable. Brinn IS a trooper-holy cow, no drugs!! And way to go Kent for being so supportive and hands on during the delivery!!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!! I was wondering what the baby would look like.CDH P.S. I'm a safety patrol!!!

B said...

Wonderful! Congrats to Brinn and Kent! I'm glad everything happened so she didn't have to go to the hospital & be pitocin induced or augmented. Also glad to see you were able to get away and see the happy family.

Taffy said...

Way to go Brinn! She is so beautiful! Congratulations All!!!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Little Emma is beautiful! Brinn and Kent look so happy. This is SUCH a wonderful time.
We just started a blog too just so you know. :)
baltimoreofamily.blogspot.com

~Michele

Anonymous said...

Yeah! She looks just perfect! Brinn is AMAZING! NO drugs! I would have passed out cold! AS