Wednesday, April 04, 2007

4 Months

Ok, I have a minute so I am going to try to catch up a little. Piper turned 4 months on March 23rd. She had a Drs. appointment (sick visit) that day and weighed in at only 12 pounds 13 ounces. I thought that was not enough since she had only gained 1 pound 3 ounces in 2 months but when she went in for her 4 month well check a week later, she was up a little.






Her stats were: Weight: 13 pounds 1 ounce, which was exactly the same for Ainsley, Chase weighed roughly half a pound more at 13 pounds 11 ounces and Maco came in at more than 4 and half pounds more (what a big kid!) at 17 pounds 12 ounces. As far as length goes, Piper is no longer the shortest. Ainsley was 23 1/2 inches, Piper - 23 3/4 inches, Chase 24 1/2 inches and MacGregor wins again at 26 inches.



Piper still gets lots of attention and loves almost every minute of it. She continues to be very social and very smiley.


Her new milestones this month are - she is now a professional at hand to mouth. She loves her toys and to grab them, hold them and get them to her mouth. She slobbers and drools on everything she can get into her mouth.


She continues to roll over from tummy to back.



She has begun to eat cereal (I know the doctors are now (it seems to change every few years) saying to wait until 6 months but I started her on some cerael a few days before I went in for her check up and my doctor didn't seem concerned. ) She does very well with the cereal and is now keeping most of it in her mouth. If I hold the spoon over her head she will open her mouth in this cute little "monkey face" kinda way. She always seems disappointed when its finished. I make the cereal with formula and she doesn't seem to mind the taste but if I give her formula in a bottle she gags.


She is doing pretty well at being self entertained or at least sitting by herself as she is entertained by her siblings or mom (while blowdrying my hair or folding laundry).


Sometimes we call her Hollywood!


Sometimes we call her Dr. EEEEEVILL. (an Austin Powers reference)



In light of our friends losing their baby this past week, we are treasuring every minute in a new intense way.

4 comments:

Ree said...

What a pretty smile!

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if her smile could get any bigger...she just doesn't look happy enough! She actually looks like she is ready to flip inside out! I love it! AS

Anonymous said...

She always looks surprised and I love it! What a happy, beautiful baby girl. I love the ones where she's chillin' in the lounger. Just my style! AS

Anonymous said...

Piper is so cute. I can't believe how much her looks are changing. She seems like such a happy baby. Huge smile! I can't wait to see her and hold her. Brielle