Wednesday, April 25, 2007

March Madness

I know it's the end of April, but I just had to comment on March madness. It's a big deal in our house. We all fill out brackets and I mean ALL of us, even Ainsley. See below to see her very first bracket (it's going in her scrapbook). She watched the rest of us and worked very carefully on hers, filling in each line.


We usually fill out several brackets each. I do one or two that I really try my best guesses on and then I do one or two by flipping coins just to see if actually comes out any different. The boys usually do the same (a flip bracket and thoughtful one). Daniel usually fills out two or 3 of his best guesses but he knows more about the teams, their records, and players than the rest of us. This year I must say that I ROCKED HOUSE!! We keep track of points by getting 1 point for first round winners, 2 points for second round, 4 for third round, 8 for fourth round, 16 for the winners of the final four and 32 if you pick the champ. I did one bracket by only picking the highest seed - once all the number one ranked teams got to the final four I just guessed the final two and the grand champ. Well I picked FL to win it all (and they did) and I got 141 points. I have NEVER done that well. I think I might do that approach next year too. My other bracket, the one I actually tried to put some thought into - I got 106 points. Daniels brackets came in at 49 pts, 54 pts, and 69 points. Maybe it pays NOT to know to much about the teams.

In my book though - Ainsley still has the winning bracket!

3 comments:

Ree said...

That is so cute! We have some basketball fans at our house too. and although we didn't ALL do brackets, Toby and BigZ had a challenge in which BigZ prevailed.

Princess Gerty said...

Way to go, Lady! And Ainsely's bracket--so darling!

Anonymous said...

That is cool that Ainsely is being taught of goodly parents the importance of bracketology when it comes to March Madness. Big Z beat me this year, so I still am supposed to take him to Krispy Kreme for some doughnuts.