Thursday, April 12, 2007

First Family Photo

I was really embarrassed about 2 weeks ago when my mom asked for a family photo that included Piper so she could put it in a book she was making for Brinn's baby. I said, "Oh I don't have a picture of the whole family that includes Piper." I went and scoured our photo folders and the only one I found was one at the airport the night Dan arrived home from Iraq. But you can't really see Piper and Daniel only had eyes for her so he wasn't looking at the camera. Aaron and Christine joined us for Easter Services and Easter Dinner as they passed through on their way home from Washington D.C. Therefore we were actually dressed up and had someone in the house to get a picture of the whole family.

Here it is! Our first official family photo - (it's a shame it tooks us 4 and half months to get it).



And here's one of the kids. Sure was hard to get Piper to stay sitting on Chase's lap.





On a side note - our local NBC station WGAL, called Daniel yesterday to see if they could come talk to him about the new madates for extending deployments. I don't think there are very many local armed service members that have been deployed, and they knew Daniel had been in Iraq so they wanted his opinion. He called me at 4:50pm and said the news crew would be arriving at 5:30. I had showered yesterday but because Ainsley was sick and I knew we weren't leaving the house, I didn't bother to do my hair and I was wearing a big sweatshirt. The baby needed to nurse and the house wasn't exactly clutter free. Daniel arrived around 5pm and the news crew came 20 minutes early at 5:10. AAAAHHHHH!!


I quick got Piper changed and a bow stuck on her head. She and Daniel were spotlighted and if I could figure how to download a DVD and get it linked to the blog, I would show it to you but that is far beyond my scope of knowledge (so if Mark, Paul or Dani have any advice let me know).


Daniel is becoming a regular movie star here in Lancaster.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang...you guys are cute! What a gorgeous family! Happy and beautiful. I am so glad that we know you...and the FAMOUS Daniel! AS

Ree said...

What a nice family pic! It would be interesting to hear Man's interview.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to get a family photo - it looks great!

B said...

You guys look great! Did you make the dresses, Lady? If you figure out a way to share the interview, we'd love to see/hear it!

B said...

Oh, and you shouldn't be too embarrassed about 4.5 months to get a family pic taken with Piper. I think it took us Nine months to get a one with Sweetsa after she was born!

Patrick and Leigh said...

Lady, I love the picture! What a great looking family! We tried Easter Sunday family pictures-but, it didn't quite work out for us. We'll try again in the fall. :) I'm glad that you are doing well! We love your blog!

Leigh

Anonymous said...

Good looking parents...good looking kids...who are their grandparents anyway??

Pappaw